New Footer

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
jeromer7

New Footer

Post by jeromer7 »

I received a message from the "Local Unit Web Team" at the email address I have in my LUWS profile with a date stamp of 3:07PM yesterday. Subject is "test new email footer".

First line of text is "This is a simple test of the new email footer for Stake and Ward Web sites." Then follows info that I'm receiving the message because I "registered for notifications on Stake and Ward Websites." Well, in my LUWS profile, I do indeed have the YES radio button selected under Notification Options and have one check box (High Priests) selected.

I'm perplexed as to why such a test would be sent to me, an unsuspecting member. Seems to me such a test would have gone to a forewarned focus group who would be able to validate the test.

If, as implied above, they went by my notification options, then I guess those who have "High Priests" selected were addressees.

It could have been sent to me as our stake LUWS administrator. However, that would be even more perplexing becuase it says if I need additional assistance, I should contact my Stake and Ward Website Administrator at <unknown email>. The displayed email address is not the email for my ward administrator nor the stake administrator who happens to be me.

Before I send comments to msr-feedback-at-ldschurch.org (the reply-to address in the message), I thought I'd see if I was the only memeber of this forum to get such a message.
JLR
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I got one too, but then I'm a stake LUWS admin.

The footer seems a welcome addition. I've been manually typing something like that when I do broadcasts.

I do wonder how many other members got it. I also wonder how many bounced emails they got back. :D
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

JLRose wrote:It could have been sent to me as our stake LUWS administrator. However, that would be even more perplexing becuase it says if I need additional assistance, I should contact my Stake and Ward Website Administrator at <unknown email>. The displayed email address is not the email for my ward administrator nor the stake administrator who happens to be me.

Before I send comments to msr-feedback-at-ldschurch.org (the reply-to address in the message), I thought I'd see if I was the only memeber of this forum to get such a message.
I got it, too. I assumed it was sent to all stake LUWS administrators. Since it was clearly labeled as a test, I wasn't perplexed by the note about contacting my administrator -- I just assumed that was part of the test.

It would have been less confusing for us if the text had said something about "please disregard this message" or "please let us know that you received this message."
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

I received this message also. I am a stake administrator. Based on the text of the message and the fact that I was in a hurry to read all my messages I just deleted it. I decided that if the message was a hoax/phishing message then deleting it was the best thing to do. On the other hand, if it was not, I would not have to include my own footer if it was in fact a valid message.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

I'm the stake web site administrator and STS, but I've not seen this message.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

RussellHltn wrote:I do wonder how many other members got it. I also wonder how many bounced emails they got back. :D

I got it. I am a stake admin at LUWS. And I hope they got bazillions of bounced e-mails back. [hehehe]

I thought of sending to my "stake admin" (that's me) at the hotmail address shown (that's not me), but I suppose (hopefully) that it was a fake address. I feel sorry for the person if it was real.
dmaynes

Post by dmaynes »

I am a ward admin at LUWS and I did not receive an e-mail.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

dmaynes wrote:I am a ward admin at LUWS and I did not receive an e-mail.
I'm not surprised by this. Ward admins don't communicate directly to the Church; rather their Feedback link goes to the stake admin. Stake admins' Feedback links go to the Church.

Reversing that, it would make sense that communication from the Church would go only to stake admins.
AileneRHerrick

Post by AileneRHerrick »

So it's just a test then? I didn't see a footer on anything that I sent out.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

AileneRHerrick wrote:So it's just a test then? I didn't see a footer on anything that I sent out.
It appears to have been a test of communications from the Church to stake website administrators. So it shouldn't have had any effect on anything you might send as a stake or ward website administrator.

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”