languages option

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
jadzia1127-p40

languages option

Post by jadzia1127-p40 »

I talked to someone at the tech conference at provo about the ability to get other languages while reading in english. It was suggested using the menu at the right and selecting a language.
I was hoping for a right mouse click menu option and clicked on it hoping for magic but only got the encoding option in many languages.
I did find the menu on top right listing language and was able to select spanish, which was very nice. Yet if I am reading a verse lower in the chapter and then need it in spanish, and not being fluent in spanish it is very easy to lose my place when I have to scroll all the way up to change language.
It would be very nice to have that option of language change to be with the right mouse click options also for the non-fluent who still need church materials in another language and not lose our place.
thedqs
Community Moderators

Post by thedqs »

In addition with this I was wondering if we could get side-by-side language reading. For those that are bi-lingual we know that you can find interesting insights or clarifications when you have both languages side-by-side.
- David
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

Interesting feature. I'll pass it along.

Tom

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”