Meetinghouse Webcast Software Beta Begins

The latest forum news and information
McDanielCA

Meetinghouse Webcast Software Beta Begins

Post by McDanielCA »

**UPDATE**

Meetinghouse Webcast is the official solution for local units of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints to broadcast meetings over the Internet to other locations. Webcast technology provides an alternative to travel for stake conferences, regional conferences, firesides, and training meetings.

In February 2009, the Church released the Meetinghouse Webcast Communicator. The Communicator includes the hardware and software needed to encode and send a webcast stream. To meet the needs of those with custom hardware configurations, the Church is now beta testing a software-only solution for use on Microsoft Windows XP, Vista, or 7.

To learn more, please visit the Meetinghouse Webcast Software Beta page.
james_francisco

Post by james_francisco »

When can we expect to hear about the beta trials?
starkjs
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by starkjs »

The beta is currently expected to begin late July or early August. I sent an email yesterday to those who requested to participate in the beta. If you did not recieve an email and would like to participate, please resubmit your information.
McDanielCA

Post by McDanielCA »

Check out the body of the first post in this thread. The beta is now available.
stephen500

Post by stephen500 »

For me the older version looks better, although I could never get to use it with windows 7.
I kept getting a dialog box saying I needed windows encoder 9 or later.
I then installed windows encoder 9 using the same page and the software would not recognise that it was installed and would not run.
I wanted the normal version not beta as the beta version had problems seperating audio from video.
I would try and put audio on using the line input and then set it as default on all settings.
Including setting it on the live input.
However despite setting the line input as default and the sound bars showing that the sound coming from the line input, in reality the sound broadcast would only come from the camera and not the line input.
Yet when I went to windows expression 4 I could seperate the sound and audio. Please help!
We wanted to do a trial broadcast for the area seventy and stake presidents but this was not possible because of this hitch.
Stephensinclair8@aol.com Chester butt stake clerk.
ideanda

Post by ideanda »

We used Meetinghouse Webcast today to broadcast stake conference in the Ashburn, VA stake and the solution worked flawlessly on a PC. We ran tests early last week and found that we could also get audio (but not the video) from the webcast on a Mac using the Flip4Mac plugin for Quicktime.

Return to “Announcements & Policies”