E-mail being sent to former member of unit

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
nutterb

E-mail being sent to former member of unit

Post by nutterb »

We had a member of our unit move across the country. But for some reason, he's still getting e-mail from our LUWS. He doesn't appear in my Registered Users list, nor does he appear in the membership directory, nor the leadership directory.

I think there may be a couple of callings in MLS where his wife hasn't yet been removed. Could that be related to the problem or are we looking at a different animal altogether?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

nutterb wrote:We had a member of our unit move across the country. But for some reason, he's still getting e-mail from our LUWS. He doesn't appear in my Registered Users list, nor does he appear in the membership directory, nor the leadership directory.

I think there may be a couple of callings in MLS where his wife hasn't yet been removed. Could that be related to the problem or are we looking at a different animal altogether?
There is no connection between MLS callings and LUWS. But if the membership records have actually been moved out of MLS (and it sounds like they have, since the family is no longer on LUWS), then the wife can't possibly have callings in MLS, either.

So it sounds like a different situation. It sounds like you still are in e-mail contact with the member. I'd ask him if when he logs into LUWS if he now connects with his new stake, and if so, does he get any notifications from them.

Also, how long has it been since the records were moved? I've heard of some cases where it takes a few days for LUWS to catch up with membership moves.
nutterb

Post by nutterb »

It's been a few weeks since they moved. I'm not entirely sure when the records got moved since our CPU burned out and we were without a computer a couple weeks. When the computer came back online I was out of the country and didn't get to see the first batch of reports. At the very minimum, it's been a week, but probably more.

However, on Sunday, as I was making some calling changes, I found the sister's name in the Relief Society callings. In was unlinked (I had no access to her record), but her name still appeared in the list. I think I've removed most of these and was really hoping that was the problem, since it'd be a relatively easy fix.

I'll check in with him about logging into his current LUWS. (why don't I ever think of these things?)
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

nutterb wrote:It's been a few weeks since they moved. I'm not entirely sure when the records got moved since our CPU burned out and we were without a computer a couple weeks. When the computer came back online I was out of the country and didn't get to see the first batch of reports. At the very minimum, it's been a week, but probably more.

However, on Sunday, as I was making some calling changes, I found the sister's name in the Relief Society callings. In was unlinked (I had no access to her record), but her name still appeared in the list. I think I've removed most of these and was really hoping that was the problem, since it'd be a relatively easy fix.

I'll check in with him about logging into his current LUWS. (why don't I ever think of these things?)
Also, if you didn't have access to the batch reports when they came through, you can still check the Members Moved Out report to verify that his and his wife's records did in fact both move out of the ward successfully.

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”