MLS 3.0 Released Today

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
mkmurray

MLS 3.0 Released Today

Post by mkmurray »

MLS 3.0 is out of beta now and will be downloaded to your unit computer the next time you do a send/receive (mine just did today).

From reading the release notes, I don't see any surprises from what we already saw revealed in the beta installs.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

mkmurray wrote:MLS 3.0 is out of beta now and will be downloaded to your unit computer the next time you do a send/receive (mine just did today).
Thanks for the notice. I would also note that the full download is now available at mls.lds.org.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

Woohoo! Thanks for the info!
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

mkmurray wrote:From reading the release notes, I don't see any surprises from what we already saw revealed in the beta installs.
The release notes are exactly like they were in the beta, even though I gave feedback of a couple of things that it would be helpful to include, and I pointed out that the numbering of the new features was 1, 1, 2, instead of 1, 2, 3. So we shouldn't have any expectation of the release notes telling us anything different from the beta.

Personally, I'm anxious to get to the stake computer and try out the temple recommend name search to make sure it has been fixed.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Alan_Brown wrote: Personally, I'm anxious to get to the stake computer and try out the temple recommend name search to make sure it has been fixed.
Works on the test unit. [grin]
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

lajackson wrote:Works on the test unit. [grin]
It's always tough to know what that "[grin]" means, but I've never been able to do anything with recommend activation on the stake test unit, so I'm wondering how you could claim that it works on the test unit....
pete_arnett-p40

Post by pete_arnett-p40 »

Does anyone know what was updated in MLS 3.0.0_15843 dated 10Jul2009 as compared to release the MLS 3.0.0_15739
:cool: Your Fellow Servant,
Porter (Pete) Lee Arnett Jr.
USA
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

pete_arnett wrote:Does anyone know what was updated in MLS 3.0.0_15843 dated 10Jul2009 as compared to release the MLS 3.0.0_15739
I can guess a few bug fixes (hopefully the ones we as the Community reported here), but I wouldn't know which one specifically.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

pete_arnett wrote:Does anyone know what was updated in MLS 3.0.0_15843 dated 10Jul2009 as compared to release the MLS 3.0.0_15739

The one huge fix is the stake temple recommend activation. See this post for details. I haven't noticed any others yet.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Alan_Brown wrote:It's always tough to know what that "[grin]" means, but I've never been able to do anything with recommend activation on the stake test unit, so I'm wondering how you could claim that it works on the test unit....
Well, of course you can't actually activate a recommend with the test unit, but the name search was tremendously slow, did not reset when I backed out, and I had to wait a long time for MLS to recover each time I explored around that function.

All of those problems went away with the 3.0.0 release.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”