LDS Scriptures on Blackberry Storm

Discussions around the BlackBerry version of the Gospel Library application.
Harry958-p40

LDS Scriptures on Blackberry Storm

Post by Harry958-p40 »

I have just purchased the above SmartPhone and wish to put the LDS Scriptures on it. The most recent discussion about this was around the first of this year. Does the Mobipocket now handle the BB properly? Still in Beta format, or not? I have the desktop manager installed on my desktop. Should the Reader and the Scriptures be installed in separate folders, with the Reader first, then each Scripture book in a sub-folder? Thanks for any help you can give me.

Harry
billvincent-p40

Can't even read the books on the Storm

Post by billvincent-p40 »

I just got a Storm last week. You may have more luck than I'm having. I had no problem downloading the new Storm beta reader for mobipocket. But, unlike my BB 8830, I cannot scroll and select chapters. Since it's all touch, I cannot "touch" a chapter or verse heading to read that chapter. The only way I can see to navigate right now is to do so by page. Like finding a needle in a haystack. Very disappointing. I suspect it's more of a software problem. Either reader software or they need to create a new set of scriptures just for the BB Storm.
justmythoughts

mine works great

Post by justmythoughts »

I have a BB Storm. I use my scriptures thru mobipocket. It was a free app and I think I got it on the BB app site. It might have been the Crackberry site (that is a must if you want to learn about your BB as it where the techs hang out and lost of chats to search. Whatever your question, it has been discussed, plus lots of cool apps).

I wish I could be more helpful, but honestly I downloaded the app so long ago I can't remember how I did it. (OK, I am an old grandma and can't remember). My guess is that I did it OTA (over the air) straight from my BB rather than thru my laptop. I would unload your app and try again OTA. You may also have first tried before RIM (maker of BB) upgraded the software. (BTW There is another updgrade coming late summer or fall) I don't think your carrier would be a problem (I use Verizon). I wonder if you have to have a strong signal because you have an app that is on the web rather than downloaded to your BB and can't be used offline? I don't have a signal in my church bldg so have to use it offline.

Also ... there is a new iPhone app for streaming a church radio station and my daugther is razzing me about how cool her phone is. Do you know of a similar app for BBs? Thanks
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

justmythoughts wrote:Also ... there is a new iPhone app for streaming a church radio station and my daugther is razzing me about how cool her phone is. Do you know of a similar app for BBs? Thanks
Here is a link about the iPhone application: https://tech.lds.org/wiki/index.php/Mormon_Channel

The hope is that more volunteer developers will get involved and help port the app to other mobile platforms. I myself am just starting a Windows Mobile version of the Mormon Radio Channel mobile app.

As for the scripture app, I imagine an iPhone app will come first and then hopefully the same effort to migrate the application to other mobile platforms will follow. Here's information about the proposed iPhone Scriptures app: https://tech.lds.org/wiki/index.php/IPh ... pplication

Return to “BlackBerry Gospel Library”