LDS Preparedness Blog

Discussions about other Church websites
ebastow

LDS Preparedness Blog

Post by ebastow »

Can anyone give me some insight on this site: http://preparedness.ldswelfare.org/

It seems to be an officially, unofficial church site... states from "The Provident Living Web Site Team"
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

ebastow wrote:Can anyone give me some insight on this site: http://preparedness.ldswelfare.org/

It seems to be an officially, unofficial church site... states from "The Provident Living Web Site Team"
Seems like a nice site by some good members of the Church, but I don't see any evidence of it being an official Church site.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

The site is hosted by Dreamhost.com so I would agree that it's not an official site. Furthermore on their home page they have a disclaimer that states;

"This is not an official web site for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints."
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

mkmurray wrote:Seems like a nice site by some good members of the Church, but I don't see any evidence of it being an official Church site.
It's clearly not an official Church site -- it even has a disclaimer specifically stating that it is not an official site.

But it is an unusual site, in that it seems to have been started by actual Church employees who work on the official Provident Living site, soliciting input so that in their roles as Church employees they can improve the official site.

I think that's what ebastow was trying to communicate in saying it's an "officially unofficial" site. It's not hosted by the Church and is clearly unofficial, but seems to have a quasi-official purpose.
ebastow

Any Insight

Post by ebastow »

Alan_Brown wrote:It's clearly not an official Church site -- it even has a disclaimer specifically stating that it is not an official site.

But it is an unusual site, in that it seems to have been started by actual Church employees who work on the official Provident Living site, soliciting input so that in their roles as Church employees they can improve the official site.

I think that's what ebastow was trying to communicate in saying it's an "officially unofficial" site. It's not hosted by the Church and is clearly unofficial, but seems to have a quasi-official purpose.

You are right.. it is clearly stated that it is not a Church Site, but the team appears to be employees... just was wondering if any of the team are in the Tech Formum and could give some enlightenment.
dc53123-p40

Post by dc53123-p40 »

Yes, it does not look like an official site. Although, it does have some nice features on it. However, it is lacking content and doesn't have much on the site pertaining to preparedness - at least not yet. Maybe once the site gets more populated it will get better.

You should check out this alternative in the meantime... this site has a lot of useful information on LDS Emergency Preparedness and LDS Food Storage. The site is: www.ldsemergencyresources.com

DW

Return to “Other Websites”