Can 3.0 be uninstalled and

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
sdhtlh

Can 3.0 be uninstalled and

Post by sdhtlh »

Our stake computer was somehow upgraded to the version 3.0 beta. Is it possible to reinstall the 2.9.4 version? Or, have database changes been made with the move to 3.0 that will make it difficult to move back to the 2.9.4 version?

If the 3.0 version will be released in the next few weeks, we will not worry about moving the version back.

We have also encountered the issues with activating recommends and the problem with entering the name for lookup after the first recommend has been activated. Also, our version no longer refreshes the display to show the last activated recommend with the edit option.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

sdhtlh wrote:Our stake computer was somehow upgraded to the version 3.0 beta. Is it possible to reinstall the 2.9.4 version? Or, have database changes been made with the move to 3.0 that will make it difficult to move back to the 2.9.4 version?
If you did reinstall version 2.9.4 it would be updated to the version 3.0bx upon doing a send/receive. They have indicated that the final version 3.0 will be released within the next week or two. All computers within the stake must be on the same version of MLS. Having a mix of versions in the stake will cause problems that arrise from the differences in handling data.
sdhtlh wrote:We have also encountered the issues with activating recommends and the problem with entering the name for lookup after the first recommend has been activated. Also, our version no longer refreshes the display to show the last activated recommend with the edit option.
See this threadfor the discussion similar to, if not the same as, this issue. The online activation can still be used if MLS is unusable.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
ffrsqpilot

Post by ffrsqpilot »

The Recommend Activation portion of MLS is definitly not working anywhere close to what is useful. I talked with the MLS guru's yesterday and they are aware of the problems. Currently for any stake clerk that has access to TES, it is far easier to use that system to input recommends than wading through the MLS issues.

However, the folks I talked to at MLS support state that the full (and hopefully workable) version will be put out this coming weekend. Until then I guess we just live with the problems.

So if you can hold off till then there is hope on the horizon. If not, I highly recommend using the TES system to input recommends.

Jim
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

sdhtlh wrote:Our stake computer was somehow upgraded to the version 3.0 beta. Is it possible to reinstall the 2.9.4 version? Or, have database changes been made with the move to 3.0 that will make it difficult to move back to the 2.9.4 version?
The answer to your question is a simple NO. Indeed, the database was upgraded and is not backwards compatible, so you can't use 2.9.4 with the new database. The only way to go back would be to reinstall 2.9.4 and go back to a backup that predates the upgrade, which of course would require you to re-enter a lot of information.

At that, my guess is that you would still be automatically upgraded to 3.0 after you did your next Send/Receive, in which case all that work would be for naught.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”