Faith in God/Duty to God certificates? Quarterly Reports?

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
SChurch-p40

Faith in God/Duty to God certificates? Quarterly Reports?

Post by SChurch-p40 »

Hi everybody,

Recently I've been asked to provide faith in God and duty to God certificates to various members of the ward. I have not been able to acquire the Faith in God certificate, and I can't seem to find it in the catalog.

Also, the Duty to God certificates are available in the clerk's office, but I wanted to know if there was a .PDF template available online anywhere that I could use to print out these certificates.

Finally, regarding Quarterly Reports, when do the names of the quorums/auxiliaries appear to print and give to the secretaries of these organizations? Often, I'd like to print them up early enough because I want to send off the final versions to Salt Lake a little earlier than the 15th. It seems like they usually don't show up until the first week of the new quarter. Is there a way to bring the information up a little earlier if I need it?

Thanks!
jbh001

Post by jbh001 »

SChurch wrote:Finally, regarding Quarterly Reports, when do the names of the quorums/auxiliaries appear to print and give to the secretaries of these organizations? Often, I'd like to print them up early enough because I want to send off the final versions to Salt Lake a little earlier than the 15th. It seems like they usually don't show up until the first week of the new quarter. Is there a way to bring the information up a little earlier if I need it?
The earliest the Quarterly Report can generate is on the first day of the new quarter. So if you want to be at the church and login to MLS at 12:01am on July 1, 2009, that will be about the earliest you can get it.
jbh001

Post by jbh001 »

SChurch wrote:Recently I've been asked to provide faith in God and duty to God certificates to various members of the ward. I have not been able to acquire the Faith in God certificate, and I can't seem to find it in the catalog.
If it is available at ldscatalog.com, you might have to be logged in as your unit (i.e. ward/branch) instead of as an individual in order to see the certificates you are looking for.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

SChurch wrote:Recently I've been asked to provide faith in God and duty to God certificates to various members of the ward. I have not been able to acquire the Faith in God certificate, and I can't seem to find it in the catalog.

You can't find separate Faith in God certificates because they don't exist. See the Primary Frequently Asked Questions to discover that the bishop simply signs the last page of the Faith in God handbook -- that is the only certificate.
craiger

Post by craiger »

Although there is not a Faith in God certificate, there is a primary "Certificate of Advancement" that should be presented in sacrament meeting. It can't be printed from mls but can be ordered from ldscatalog.com under Church Organizations -> Primary (Here's a link, but I'm not sure it will work: http://www.ldscatalog.com/webapp/wcs/st ... sortOr%3D1 )
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

craig wrote:Although there is not a Faith in God certificate, there is a primary "Certificate of Advancement" that should be presented in sacrament meeting.

Correct, although the purpose of the Certificate of Advancement is to show completion of Primary and is not related to whether or not the child completed the Faith in God requirements.
daddy-o-p40

Post by daddy-o-p40 »

Printing these Certificates of Advancements would be a nice addition to MLS. ;)
"What have I done for someone today?" Thomas Monson
nmecantwin73

Certificate Templates

Post by nmecantwin73 »

SChurch wrote:
Also, the Duty to God certificates are available in the clerk's office, but I wanted to know if there was a .PDF template available online anywhere that I could use to print out these certificates.
I created basic template files awhile ago in Open Office for the Duty to God certificates and also for the Young Womanhood Recognition certificate. I've had to convert the template files (.ott and .ots) to regular Open Office files to attach here. I've also attached MS Word (.doc) and Excel (.xls) versions. I usually have had to adjust slightly based on length of names and test print on paper and hold it up to the certificate before printing on the certificate. I'm sure these could be better, but they work for me. :)

Nate
Attachments
Young Womanhood Recog Certificate.odt
(9.05 KiB) Downloaded 580 times
Young Womanhood Recog Certificate.doc
(57 KiB) Downloaded 640 times
AP Duty to God Certificate.ods
(9.64 KiB) Downloaded 1523 times
AP Duty to God Certificate.xls
(65.5 KiB) Downloaded 1852 times
MikeJones-p40

Thanks

Post by MikeJones-p40 »

Thanks, Nate. That saved me at least 30 minutes of fiddling around with spacing to get the words in the right spots.

Mike.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

SChurch wrote:Recently I've been asked to provide faith in God and duty to God certificates to various members of the ward. I have not been able to acquire the Faith in God certificate, and I can't seem to find it in the catalog.!
You can't find a separate Faith in God certificate, because there is no such thing. The only recognition is the certificate that is in the Guidebook itself, as explained in the Faith in God Guidebook, p. 18:
When all required activities are completed, the Primary president and the bishop or branch president sign the Faith in God Award certificate on the last page of this guidebook. A member of the bishopric, branch presidency, or Primary presidency recognizes the child’s accomplishment in Primary.

Return to “Reports and Forms”