problems

Discussions around Genealogy technology.
suerodwell1-p40

problems

Post by suerodwell1-p40 »

Hi, I'm not using the beta site but just trying to get on the ordinary site and get the following message -
Your access to FamilySearch.org has been temporarily suspended. Your computer or a computer at your location has sent a large volume of requests to FamilySearch.org and as a result access to FamilySearch.org from this location has been temporarily suspended. Usually the suspension occurs when a computer uses software to automate requesting information from FamilySearch.org from any computer in your location. If this message appears again, contact the vendor who sold you your software to obtain the latest release.

I haven't been using the site excessively and have absolutely no idea why this has happened but it is very frustrating. Can anyone help please?????????????

Sue
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

I have moved your post here because it had nothing to do with the Technology site.
JamesAnderson

Post by JamesAnderson »

That message often has to do with PAF Insight or other third-party software items that remotely access data on familysearch.org. It is used to load-balance the user requests that are going through the servers at any given time.

It is only temporary, and often resolves itself rather quickly. Usually by setting the number of names PAF Insight will search for at a time prevents the issue.

The problem was found early on after PAF Insight was first introduced.
amc79

Clicking through too fast?

Post by amc79 »

I've also received this error when I'm clicking through screens too fast (e.g., paging through census records). I think familysearch.org thinks I'm an automated agent scraping the website. If you're not using software such as PAFInsight, perhaps you can avoid the message by slowing down a bit.

Return to “Family History”