Mormon Channel

Discussions about other Church websites
Cra-Z-p40

Mormon Channel

Post by Cra-Z-p40 »

I've been loving the new LDS Radio station, but I thought I'd just make a couple suggestions. It's not really practical to me to only have RSS feed podcasts available for previous episodes. For me that means I need to subscribe to every show and then go to my RSS reader to listen to the MP3s.

I think it would be so awesome if it could be like the churches new streaming video, along with some features similar to BYUTV, where the radio could be paused and you could jump back to any show in the past on the schedule or from a list of previous episodes and stream them right on the page.

I'm so excited about the ways the church is moving forward with technology. :-)
kennethjorgensen
Community Moderators

Post by kennethjorgensen »

Cra-Z wrote:I've been loving the new LDS Radio station, but I thought I'd just make a couple suggestions. It's not really practical to me to only have RSS feed podcasts available for previous episodes. For me that means I need to subscribe to every show and then go to my RSS reader to listen to the MP3s.
Yes I noticed the same. I think the problem is a generic one with many online media entities.

One way of solving it would be to allow user-definable RSS content ie you click on the categories you are interested in and your personal RSS is generated and will only contain items from those categories.
rpinnegar-p40

Post by rpinnegar-p40 »

I just discovered Mormon Channel today. I love it! I would like to see a desktop widget so I don't have to open the internet (a major distraction) to listen to it.
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

rpinnegar wrote:I just discovered Mormon Channel today. I love it! I would like to see a desktop widget so I don't have to open the internet (a major distraction) to listen to it.
Since it is an Adobe plugin, perhaps it could easily be ported to the Adobe AIR technology?
nielsondc-p40
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by nielsondc-p40 »

I have passed your suggestion on to the Mormon Channel administrators.

Return to “Other Websites”