iStake iPhone App

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
mgdixon

iStake iPhone App

Post by mgdixon »

I just learned about about the iStake app for iPhone today and thoroughly love it. Being able to have this stake information in the palm of my hand is wonderful. Hats off to the Church making an API available so this innovative and useful app could be available.
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

markgdixon wrote:Hats off to the Church making an API available so this innovative and useful app could be available.
Unfortunately, I am 99% certain the Church didn't provide an kind of API to help this application do it's magic. Because you thought it was an API, that must mean that the application is able to gather the information automatically without any (or very little) user input. To me, this shows the credit solely belongs to the creative developers of this application who were able to aptly screen scrape and parse all of the useful information off of the user's Local Unit Web Site (LUWS).

Return to “General Discussions”