Digital Journal programs

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
zabaki

Digital Journal programs

Post by zabaki »

Hey,

As a returned missionary, who just got back, I was wondering if any LDS know of any smart program that i could use to keep up my journal writing.

I use the computer for so much, that i could see the smart in having a digital journal.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

You can do an Internet search using the key words 'digital personal journal' and find some programs that vary from free to others that cost up to $39. At this Windows Vista sitea few are reviewed. I don't personally use any of them. I use my word processing program to do journalling.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
cottrells

Post by cottrells »

Not included in the list that jdlessley shared is http://www.ldsjournal.com/
I've not used this site myself, but know friends who do.
dlongmore

Blogging tools like Wordpress loaded locally

Post by dlongmore »

You can load Wordpress locally. I am assuming this is personal stuff that you do not necessarily want to share with the world. The nice thing about it is the export to RSS feed if you ever want to move the entries from one system to another or make some of them public.
dlongmore

Personal Historian

Post by dlongmore »

This is another option and one that I have used in the past. It has some nice features.

http://www.personalhistorian.com/
downunder-p40

Post by downunder-p40 »

If you're a Mac user there is ViJournal. This also has an iphone client and two way synch.

It has other features as well but I haven't fully explored them all yet.
faazshift

Post by faazshift »

If you use linux, searching the gentoo portage tree gives me: xournal (keep journal with a stylus) and rednotebook (powerful, fancy journal program). It looks like both of those will run on windows too.

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”