MLS 3.0 Issue: Officers Sustained Form

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
ffrsqpilot

MLS 3.0 Issue: Officers Sustained Form

Post by ffrsqpilot »

I don't know if I should start another thread or hope that this is followed up with the rest of the MLS 3.0 issues listed here. So I'll enter it here anyway!

In the release notes for 3.0 it states under Changes Related to Membership, 6th bullet "Officers sustained form" that when completing a Ward or Branch Officers Sustained form, the names for stake officers are now automatically supplied by MLS.
It doesn't do it.

I tried both on the stake computer and a ward computer to print out the ward sustaining list and neither would fill in "populate" the spaces for the stake presidency. Apparently that is either a misprint or another glitch that needs to be checked.

Jim
drporray

Officers Sustained form

Post by drporray »

Pilotfly wrote:I don't know if I should start another thread or hope that this is followed up with the rest of the MLS 3.0 issues listed here. So I'll enter it here anyway!

In the release notes for 3.0 it states under Changes Related to Membership, 6th bullet "Officers sustained form" that when completing a Ward or Branch Officers Sustained form, the names for stake officers are now automatically supplied by MLS.
It doesn't do it.

I have experienced the same thing - the names of the stake presidency are not being filled in automatically.

In addition, we have two Elders Quorums in our unit. The Officers Sustained form only shows the 1st Elders Quorum. Couldn't MLS be flexible enough and pick up both quorums?
elesel-p40

Officers Sustained Form

Post by elesel-p40 »

When I took an initial look at ours (ward level) it wasn't populated with Stake leaders, but last night I checked again and they're all there. Perhaps the Stake needs to do a Send/Receive followed by a Ward Send/Receive before they show up. Anyway, it looked correct for our Ward. I did however notice that the Ward Mission Leader calling is no longer included in the form.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

elesel wrote:When I took an initial look at ours (ward level) it wasn't populated with Stake leaders, but last night I checked again and they're all there. Perhaps the Stake needs to do a Send/Receive followed by a Ward Send/Receive before they show up. Anyway, it looked correct for our Ward. I did however notice that the Ward Mission Leader calling is no longer included in the form.
Thanks for the feedback. It takes more than just a stake S/R followed by a ward S/R, because I did that and still didn't see the stake officers. Perhaps there are some other delays. But it's good to know that it does eventually work.

Regarding the Ward Mission Leader, it is indeed still included on the form (near the very end of Page 2). The calling is entered in MLS under Other Callings, and the standardized name is simply "Mission Leader."
ffrsqpilot

Post by ffrsqpilot »

I tried once again today (after doing another send receive and getting the message that 3.0 was being downloaded - for the second time). I still can't get the Stake Presidency to populate the spaces.

As a side note - I turned on the computer, clicked on MLS and waited for it to come up. Before doing anything else I did a send/receive to see if what was suggested above would work. During the "receive" portion I saw the note that MLS 3.0 was being downloaded which I assumed would be either a patch to the previous "beta" version which went out last week or the full up 3.0 version. I followed the instructions and backed out of MLS, rebooted the computer and logged back into MLS. I then went to the forms and clicked on the ward whose sustaining list we are using in the upcoming conference - still no fill in of the stake presidency. So either the version uploaded today was not the full up version or there is still a problem with the populating of forms with the current version put out most recently.

Jim
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Pilotfly wrote:I tried once again today (after doing another send receive and getting the message that 3.0 was being downloaded - for the second time). I still can't get the Stake Presidency to populate the spaces.
Clearly stake transmissions are also a factor, besides the updates to MLS and the ward transmissions. So before I would conclude that there is a problem, I would make sure that the stake has MLS 3.0 installed, has made sure that they have the right standardized callings assigned (which is likely, but worth checking out), and that they have done at least one, and probably two transmissions since setting the callings.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Pilotfly wrote:As a side note - I turned on the computer, clicked on MLS and waited for it to come up. Before doing anything else I did a send/receive to see if what was suggested above would work. During the "receive" portion I saw the note that MLS 3.0 was being downloaded which I assumed would be either a patch to the previous "beta" version which went out last week or the full up 3.0 version.
The update you received today was the patch to bring MLS up to version 3.0.0b6 (MLS 3.0.0_15703) from version 3.0.0b5 (MLS 3.0.0_15688)
Pilotfly wrote:I tried once again today (after doing another send receive and getting the message that 3.0 was being downloaded - for the second time). I still can't get the Stake Presidency to populate the spaces.
There is an MLS message that addresses the upgrade to version 3.0 and the beta release problems. They have been receiving bug reports or following the reports in these forums because the message mentions some of the problems already identified. They are asking those who have received the beta releases to send bug reports through a telephone number or email address given in the message and listed in the MLS Release Notes. I would follow Alan's recommendation before considering your issue as a bug. All systems from the stake computer to all unit computers must be using the same version of MLS to make sure differences in versions are not the cause of any issues.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
ffrsqpilot

Post by ffrsqpilot »

I was at the stake computer this morning when I tried the sustaining list again.... this was after doing the send/receive. The unit whose sustaining list I am trying to complete also has the 3.0 update - I did it myself and tried filling in the sustaining list on the ward computer which also will not populate the stake presidency.

This isn't a big issue other than I was just trying to point out that what the release notes say should happen isn't happening. And this is after several send/recieves from both computers (which are 25 feet away from each other in the stake center - if that makes any difference :D )

I tried multiple send/receives as suggested by elesel and Alan but so far no success. I am guessing that once all the 3.0 versions are finalized that it will work.

Jim
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Pilotfly wrote:I tried multiple send/receives as suggested by elesel and Alan but so far no success. I am guessing that once all the 3.0 versions are finalized that it will work.
Whether or not there are still glitches in MLS, one other step has to take place besides all of the Send/Receives. After all of the units are on the 3.0 version of MLS,

1. The stake has to send the information to CHQ,
2. The information has to be processed by CHQ and converted into a file for the units in the stake to download, and
3. The units have to download the information.

After all of that happens, then I think the stake presidency will be populated in the Officers Sustained form. Maybe when we get a new stake presidency . . . [grin]
childsdj

Post by childsdj »

I believe the reason you are not seeing these stake positions on the officer sustaining form yet is becase of backend systems at Church Headquarters. Because of the huge volume of calling information that is now being sent up to Church Headquarters with MLS 3.0 the backend systems are having a hard time processing all of the files. This will resolve itself over time, but for now it will be hit or miss with the officer sustainings form fill out the stake positions.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”