Home Teaching Supervisors in MLS 3.0

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
preston.baxter

Home Teaching Supervisors in MLS 3.0

Post by preston.baxter »

Apparently I can no longer assign a non-Elder to a position within the "Other Callings" area of the Elders organization? For example, I had assigned the bishop as the supervisor for a district comprised of those who have requested that they not be contacted by home teachers. This is very convenient since he writes a monthly letter to those assigned to this district. However the bishop is no longer available in the selection list, and I get a pop-up message stating the current assignment will be cleared because he "is not a valid candidate for the selected organization and position." Is there a way around this new restriction?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

preston.baxter wrote:Apparently I can no longer assign a non-Elder to a position within the "Other Callings" area of the Elders organization? For example, I had assigned the bishop as the supervisor for a district comprised of those who have requested that they not be contacted by home teachers. This is very convenient since he writes a monthly letter to those assigned to this district. However the bishop is no longer available in the selection list, and I get a pop-up message stating the current assignment will be cleared because he "is not a valid candidate for the selected organization and position." Is there a way around this new restriction?
Here's a way to work around this. It worked fine on the test database for MLS 3.0:
  1. Under Organizations > High Priests, go to the Members section.
  2. Find the bishop and click on the Remove link to the right of his name.
  3. In the dialog box that pops up, select Edlers for the Destination Organization.
  4. Now go to the Elders organization, and you should be able to assign him to any position, including Elders Home Teaching District Supervisor.
  5. Now go back to the High Priests organization, and click Add Member.
  6. Find the bishop and check the box by his name, then click Save.
  7. Now the bishop will be a member of both the High Priests and Elders organizations and can be assigned positions in either organization.
Of course, the same procedure will work for anyone -- I just used the bishop as an example because that was the specific scenario mentioned.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”