eStorehouse

Discussions around miscellaneous technologies and projects for the general membership.
zaneclark

eStorehouse

Post by zaneclark »

Anyone have any experience with eStorehouse as a database manager for the Employment Resource Survey? Our stake employment people asked me to check it out but I am unfamiliar with it.
zaneclark

eStorehouse info..again

Post by zaneclark »

Sory about posting this again but I didn't get any feedback the first time and figured more would be online today... I would would like any comments anyone has on eStorehouse, a database manger for the Employment Resource Survey...

Thank you!
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

zaneclark wrote:Anyone have any experience with eStorehouse as a database manager for the Employment Resource Survey? Our stake employment people asked me to check it out but I am unfamiliar with it.
I don't have any experience with it, but I took a few minutes to download it and take a look. The website http://www.estorehouseonline.com allows you to download the application. It also provides a sample database, a manual, FAQ, a demo, and a PowerPoint presentation.

My quick take on it is:
  • It's been four years since it was last modified, so don't expect any fancy modern user interface. However, although it is simple, it is reasonably usable. I had no difficulty understanding how to use it or finding features I wanted.
  • It is a fairly standard Microsoft Access database application
  • The web site claims it doesn't run under Vista, but I ran it under Vista with no problems at all.
  • It basically collects a lot of information about each member with regard to employment (both people who need work and those who have job openings). It can generate surveys to assist you in gathering the information.
  • The data can be input at the stake level, or individual wards can input the data and then send it to the stake for aggregation.
  • There are a variety of import and export options.
That's probably not too helpful, but it might get you a start. I'd simply recommend that you evaluate it yourself, since you would know better the needs of your stake.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

Thank you Alan, that's exactly the info I needed. I would have done as you suggested and downloaded it but there are still some developers who don't make their applications Mac compatible...

Return to “Other Member Technologies”