LDSCatalog.com checkout not functioning

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
BigBrother-p40

LDSCatalog.com checkout not functioning

Post by BigBrother-p40 »

Tried yesterday and today several times to place an order. Each time, IE hung and I couldn't get through the process. Using Vista machine with IE 7.0. Don't experience this problm anywhere else online. Our ecommerce engine have problems with IE typically?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

BigBrother wrote:Tried yesterday and today several times to place an order. Each time, IE hung and I couldn't get through the process. Using Vista machine with IE 7.0. Don't experience this problm anywhere else online. Our ecommerce engine have problems with IE typically?
I have placed several orders on ldscatalog.com using IE7 with no problems. I went through the process a few minutes ago (except for the final click on the Purchase button) and the site was responsive and gave no errors.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

BigBrother wrote:Tried yesterday and today several times to place an order. Each time, IE hung and I couldn't get through the process. Using Vista machine with IE 7.0. Don't experience this problm anywhere else online. Our ecommerce engine have problems with IE typically?
Clear your temporary internet files folder and try again. If that does not work delete all cookies.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
BigBrother-p40

Still same error

Post by BigBrother-p40 »

Cleared temp & Cookies. Still same issue. Tried going to one simple item. Same issue. I've been all over the site. The only error comes up after posting the CC info. Verisign error maybe? If I'm having it, chances are others are too. Is there a way to look at uncompleted orders and see if it has risen?
BigBrother-p40

Problems

Post by BigBrother-p40 »

FYI -- I tested this 5 times. Each time IE quit working a restarted. No order confirmation, nothing. Well, today, I started receiving things I had ordered. Duplicate orders times 5. What a mess. :mad:
scion-p40

Post by scion-p40 »

Yikes! Too bad there's no confirmation email like most companies with whom I do online business.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

scion wrote:Yikes! Too bad there's no confirmation email like most companies with whom I do online business.
Distribution Services does send email confirmations.

What is reported above is an unusual experience of one person placing an online order, not standard procedure. Every online order I have ever placed with Distribution Services has been followed immediately by a confirmation email, and then an email when the item ships, just as is standard with most online businesses.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Alan_Brown wrote:Distribution Services does send email confirmations.

Every online order I have ever placed with Distribution Services has been followed immediately by a confirmation email, and then an email when the item ships, just as is standard with most online businesses.
Is this fairly new? I placed an order two months ago and did not receive any e-mails. The only confirmation I got was by printing out the last page with the order and total on it, and the site did not even suggest I do that.

And before that I have never received anything, not even a total. Just a note on the last screen that they will add any required taxes and bill me as things are shipped.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

lajackson wrote:Is this fairly new? I placed an order two months ago and did not receive any e-mails. The only confirmation I got was by printing out the last page with the order and total on it, and the site did not even suggest I do that.

And before that I have never received anything, not even a total. Just a note on the last screen that they will add any required taxes and bill me as things are shipped.
I've been receiving confirmations for quite a while. I checked through some old e-mails and found an order confirmation that interestingly was received exactly one year ago today. Two days after that, there is another e-mail reporting that the items had shipped. There are several e-mails since, both on my personal account, and my stake's unit account (I am set up to receive e-mails from ldscatalog for my stake).

As I am near the end of the checkout process, I see a message that says something about a confirmation message being sent to the e-mail address on file. Then on the order confirmation page (after the order has been placed), there is a note near the bottom: "Note: If you have an e-mail address saved on file, you will be sent a final order confirmation with your total." I copied that text from the confirmation page and pasted it directly into this post, so I am not making this up. :)

Have you checked "My Account" after logging in to ldscatalog.com to make sure you have a valid e-mail address on file?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Alan_Brown wrote:Have you checked "My Account" after logging in to ldscatalog.com to make sure you have a valid e-mail address on file?
That will be my next move. Thanks.

Return to “General Discussions”