LDS Scriptures on CD (Resource)

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
mbsinsel-p40

LDS Scriptures on CD (Resource)

Post by mbsinsel-p40 »

Does anybody know where the notes and highlight files are kept for the LDS Scriptures?

I have the program on a laptop and having been using the electronic version for several years. I want to transfer all of my notes and highlights to a new computer if possible.

I've looked in several locations but am unable to find any file for the notes or highlights.

Thanks,

Brent
Brent
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

mbsinsel wrote:Does anybody know where the notes and highlight files are kept for the LDS Scriptures?

I have the program on a laptop and having been using the electronic version for several years. I want to transfer all of my notes and highlights to a new computer if possible.

I've looked in several locations but am unable to find any file for the notes or highlights.

Thanks,

Brent
They might be kept in a database of some sort. I don't currently have a copy of the CD software to poke around.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

mbsinsel wrote:Does anybody know where the notes and highlight files are kept for the LDS Scriptures?
When I add a note, the only file that changes on my computer (according to windows xp) is

Documents and Settings / [username] / ntuser.dat.log

However, I am not convinced that is really where the information is kept. I think it is being hidden somewhere else.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

By default, the notes, highlights, and bookmarks are stored in "My Documents\Notes" in files with a .enb extension (e.g., "Scriptures.enb" or "Study Aids.enb" or "Footnotes.enb").

You can change the location using Book Options > Options > Note File, but I doubt that's an issue.

So you should just be able to install the LDS Scriptures on your new computer, then copy everything in that folder from your laptop to your new computer. If you have a lot of time and effort invested in those files, you may want to back them up in the future, if you weren't doing that already.

Return to “General Discussions”