iward program for iphones

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
Forrest-p40

iward program for iphones

Post by Forrest-p40 »

i just downloaded it to my iphone... i noticed as ward administrator for the ward website, when i updated ward callings from my home pc, and then did a sync on my iphone, it didn't update the callings on my iphone.

does this have to be done at the church computer for it to be updated on my iphone?

thanks for any help
"If you can't laugh at yourself, let me do it".
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Forrest wrote:i just downloaded it to my iphone... i noticed as ward administrator for the ward website, when i updated ward callings from my home pc, and then did a sync on my iphone, it didn't update the callings on my iphone.

does this have to be done at the church computer for it to be updated on my iphone?
Does iward want a file from MLS or does it want your ID and password to LUWS? I'm assuming the latter.

Have you verified that that callings show up correctly in LUWS when you are in "normal mode" (blue screen)? I seem to remember complaints in the past that the update process was slow. The Admin (green screen) showed the updated data, but the blue screen did not.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Forrest wrote:i just downloaded it to my iphone... i noticed as ward administrator for the ward website, when i updated ward callings from my home pc, and then did a sync on my iphone, it didn't update the callings on my iphone.

Since iWard gets its data from the ward website, it definitely makes no difference whether you use the church computer or any other computer.

The first thing I would do is to check using the normal Web browser (Safari) on your iPhone if the callings seem to be updated. One issue that can make it seem like there is a delay in updating is browser caching. That's often the cause of the issue RussellHltn mentioned above.

I don't know the technical details of how iWard accesses the ward website, but I suspect that whatever mechanism is used, there is still caching involved. That mechanism may or may not share the same cache with Safari, but I suspect it would. You might try emptying your browser cache to see if that helps.
Forrest-p40

Post by Forrest-p40 »

Russell: it shows up in both screens.

Alan: yep, yer right... it shows up in Safari, but not Google. i guess it will show up later in Google.
"If you can't laugh at yourself, let me do it".
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Forrest wrote:Alan: yep, yer right... it shows up in Safari, but not Google. i guess it will show up later in Google.
Uh, what does Google have to do with this? Is it an intermediate step of some kind? If so, that raises all kinds of concerns.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “General Discussions”