Updating the SS lesson schedule

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
iamrkh

Updating the SS lesson schedule

Post by iamrkh »

First post here: In updating the SS lesson schedule on my ward website (I'm the website administrator), I've been in the habit of removing the link to the just completed lesson and typing "Completed" into the second text box (Other (Examples: General Conference, Stake Conference, Bishop's Instruction). Thus, "Completed" appears as the lesson name for January 4 through May 31.

I would appreciate the ability to delete all previous listings (or at least have them not appear on the website) and have the upcoming Sunday appear as the first entry on the lesson schedule. Is this possible?

Ryan
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

iamrkh wrote:First post here: In updating the SS lesson schedule on my ward website (I'm the website administrator), I've been in the habit of removing the link to the just completed lesson and typing "Completed" into the second text box (Other (Examples: General Conference, Stake Conference, Bishop's Instruction). Thus, "Completed" appears as the lesson name for January 4 through May 31.

I would appreciate the ability to delete all previous listings and have the upcoming Sunday appear as the first entry on the lesson schedule. Is this possible?
It's just software, so it's certainly possible if the feature were deemed to be important enough to make the change. There's a page on the wiki where such requests are collected at LUWS: Feedback and Suggestions. You could add your suggestion there.

One idea you might consider: the Sunday School lessons contain links to the actual content. If someone misses a lesson, perhaps because they are traveling, they may want to go back and see what they missed. Your diligent removal of any trace of the old lessons would make it harder for such people to find out what lesson they missed on what date and to link to the content of the lesson.
iamrkh

Post by iamrkh »

Thanks, Alan. Re the possibility of having past listings not appear on the website: I've linked the upcoming lessons for June and July. Can you tell me why the listings for August through December don't appear on the website? (The listings appear on the administrator page with "None Selected" in the lesson name column.)
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

iamrkh wrote:Thanks, Alan. Re the possibility of having past listings not appear on the website: I've linked the upcoming lessons for June and July. Can you tell me why the listings for August through December don't appear on the website? (The listings appear on the administrator page with "None Selected" in the lesson name column.)
If a lesson has never been selected for a particular date, then on the Administrator page, you will see "None Selected" by that date; on the regular user page, that date will not be listed at all.

The current interface does not provide any way that I can find to return to the "None Selected" state after a lesson has been entered for a particular date.

So since you have not specified any lessons for Aug-Dec, those dates will not appear at all on the regular pages. Once you specify a lesson, those dates will start to appear.

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”