Refund fee for activity

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
kcowolf

Refund fee for activity

Post by kcowolf »

We recently had our ward Super Activity. One of our members paid but wasn't able to go. Each time someone has paid for the activity, I put it into the Other category (we have an "Other: Super Activity" subcategory). I've heard that I need a receipt in order to write any checks like this, so I'm wondering, what I should do to refund this person's money? Thanks.

EDIT: (From asking a former clerk) It sounds like I can just attach a photocopy of his donation slip or write "see donation slip from [date]" and just write the check.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

The bishop needs to approve all disbursements. Most units use a reimbursement request / disbursement form for that purpose. I suspect that is what is meant by needing a receipt. Once the form is filled out (the purpose for the disbursement would be a refund for the activity) and the bishop signs it you can write the refund check to the individual.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Local Unit Finance”