Daily short scriptures

So you have the BIG idea that the Church or community needs to develop. Discuss that idea here. Maybe you just want to make a suggestion on a new forum topic. Let us know.
zabaki

Daily short scriptures

Post by zabaki »

While helping out a CES coordinator with his laptop, I discovered that he had a small program installed on his computer.
The program had just a tiny window open in the middle of the screen, showing a short scripture from the Norwegian Bibel.

At the time, I thought, ok, thats nice and inspiring, and then closed it, but it just opened again with a new scripture.

I was thinking that it could be a very nice tool for many members, less-active included, having a small box on your screen, with a scripture from our collection of holy writ.

I'm not aware if such a thing has already been made, but I'm sure the church could come up with something smart, neat, and not taking too much cpu usage.

If something like that is already out there. Please do let me know :)

Elder Holst
kennethjorgensen
Community Moderators

Post by kennethjorgensen »

zabaki wrote:While helping out a CES coordinator with his laptop, I discovered that he had a small program installed on his computer.
The program had just a tiny window open in the middle of the screen, showing a short scripture from the Norwegian Bibel.
Yes it shouldnt be difficult. You didnt by any chance notice the name of it?

zabaki wrote: Elder Holst
Serving in the Oslo Norway Mission
I have just realised who you are, oh dear small world :-)
Check your private messages
zabaki

Post by zabaki »

Mannakorn.
It is published by Norsk Bibel Selskap and follows with the entire norwegian bibel.

I know that LDS gems are kinda the same, but instead of getting a new scripture everyday, you only have a new scripture whenever the tiny window is closed, or machine shuts down or so on.

Return to “Ideas & Suggestions”