Record number

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
carlscpa

Record number

Post by carlscpa »

I have a problem with first time tithe payers in the ward. These members are new to the ward and we were not sure if they live within the ward boundaries or are just visiting. This occurs frequently in our ward. I entered them as "not a member of the ward", thinking I could change their status later when more info was available. Apparently MLS assigned them a record number (one was the ward unit number and another was the record number of the first alphabetical ward member). We have now determined some of them are ward members. When I try to change their record number to the correct one, MLS will not allow it, at least I have not found a way to do so. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Check out the Add/Update Donors Listthread. For the members you had entered as non-member donors you can use the merge function. You may also want to check the Donor Records (MLS) page of the LDSTech Wiki.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

First, change the donor's status to "Member", then it will allow you to change the name to one from the membership database. (You are essentially linking the existing donor record to a "real" member.) When this is done, the donor's temporary record number is changed to the member's permanent membership number.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
carlscpa

Record Number

Post by carlscpa »

Thanks. You were both very helpful.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”