Priesthood Session Audio/Video

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
nbflint

The MP3 files are available on lds.org

Post by nbflint »

I don't know why it is being said that the ASL videos do not contain audio. True, the video of the entire session does not contain audio, however, as of today, the videos of individual talks do contain the audio.

I downloaded the mp4 asl videos and converted to mp3. I now have found that the mp3 files are available online (as of right now, who knows how long they will stay there). Open the individual ASL video. In the URL change ase to eng and mp4 to mp3. I did not find any other languages that worked.

Not publishing a link to a file is not a security measure (not a good one anyway). I've posted this here so that if publishing these files was an oversight, the church can correct it. If it was not an oversight, then forum members can access the files and enjoy the audio of the most recent Priesthood session of conference.

Nicholas Flint

mdantasf

Post by mdantasf »

Okay, but only in English. Portuguese for example is this link.

See the URL below:
http://www.lds.org/conference/sessions/ ... 37,00.html

Regards,
Márcio Dantas - SP, Brasil
marcio@mdantas.com.br
nbflint

Post by nbflint »

Works for Portuguese as well. Go to the English page and follow my instructions above only change ase to por.

nbflint

Post by nbflint »

Duetsch is deu; the trick is to go to the language page and find the 3 letter abbreviation for the audio files that are posted. Then use that abbreviation and the instructions above.

shawnlg-p40

Post by shawnlg-p40 »

I wonder if the deaf community complained about no sound in the ASL files. Maybe the sound helps, along with the sign language. Even if they can't hear it well enough to understand without sign language. Well whatever reason, I'm glad the sound is back. I load conference talks into my iPod. I guess I'll load the videos now.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

In case it hasn't already been mentioned, another benefit of audio with the ASL feed is for those who are learning ASL to help with Church work.
kennethjorgensen
Community Moderators

Priesthood Session now in normal video format

Post by kennethjorgensen »

Mr.Intel wrote:Having a reason for this change would be very helpful to those of us who like to enjoy the words of the prophets in other venues than our homes or chapels.--Michael
I dont know how many people have noticed but the latest conference web page now has both the Audio and Video (ASL and non-ASL) of the Priesthood Session.

I can only assume someone has listened to the comments in various threads on the issue.

Enjoy :-)
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

dkjorgi wrote:I dont know how many people have noticed but the latest conference web page now has both the Audio and Video (ASL and non-ASL) of the Priesthood Session.
Good catch -- thanks for letting us know!

I would note that in addition to the April 2009 conference mentioned above, the October 2008 Priesthood Session also has posted the Audio and Video (but no earlier conferences have Priesthood Session audio/video at this point).
lionelwalters

Priesthood session has been published in its entirity!

Post by lionelwalters »

Can someone else please check this to make sure I'm not just imagining it, because if I'm not, this is monumental! I opened up the new media player this evening (www.lds.org/move) and in addition to the four "public" sessions from the April 2009 General Conference, the Priesthood session was also listed. If you click on it, you have the option of viewing the entire session or individual talks and musical items, just as with the other sessions! I'm watching Elder Scott's talk now!

On the Conference archive page, the Priesthood session is also available in all media formats, including MP3! (http://lds.org/conference/sessions/disp ... 32,00.html) I've had a quick look and it seems they're adding these files for past Conferences also!

Wow!
JamesAnderson

Post by JamesAnderson »

I've just spotted the April 2008 Priesthood session online as well. Only the music was omitted, as they did not start to put the music files up even generally until last October.

Return to “Main Church Website”