New LUWS in Beta Test now???

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
MorettiDP

New LUWS in Beta Test now???

Post by MorettiDP »

Hi guys!

This week, in my "eternal battle" to have a LUWS account setup in our stake :D I talk about it with a member of the Brazil Area ICS Office staff. This brother asked me if I am a member of one of the "testing stakes" of the new LUWS system. I said no. I requested to this brother if my stake can be added to this "beta testing".
Today, this brother said to me that "my request isn't available because we have now the maximum number of stakes in the beta testing program". He said that CHQ ICS Department will don't give new access in this pilot phase.
Any of you know more about this "beta testing new LUWS" or have your stake in this program?

Sorry for this English!
AileneRHerrick

Post by AileneRHerrick »

MorettiDP wrote:Hi guys!

This week, in my "eternal battle" to have a LUWS account setup in our stake :D I talk about it with a member of the Brazil Area ICS Office staff. This brother asked me if I am a member of one of the "testing stakes" of the new LUWS system. I said no. I requested to this brother if my stake can be added to this "beta testing".
Today, this brother said to me that "my request isn't available because we have now the maximum number of stakes in the beta testing program". He said that CHQ ICS Department will don't give new access in this pilot phase.
Any of you know more about this "beta testing new LUWS" or have your stake in this program?

Sorry for this English!

MorettiDP, your English is okay!

That's neat that they are beta testing. My stake is not in the beta testing program. :(
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

MorettiDP wrote:Hi guys!

Sorry for this English!
I have my doubts that this is the "new" version of LUWS, or LUWS 2.0. It is likely nothing more than the current LUWS, but testing the availability to countries outside the US & Canada.

The source for my doubts of it being LUWS 2.0 comes from the LUWS Feedback & Suggestions wiki page, a comment from a Church developer about how the new version of LUWS (version 2.0) is not yet developed and may encompass Community, volunteer development. Here is the link:

https://tech.lds.org/wiki/index.php/LUW ... Developers
MorettiDP

Post by MorettiDP »

Uhn... I don't know... If I search for Brazil in LUWS site homepage I can't find new units (only the old units that always are there...)
AileneRHerrick

Post by AileneRHerrick »

mkmurray wrote:I have my doubts that this is the "new" version of LUWS, or LUWS 2.0. It is likely nothing more than the current LUWS, but testing the availability to countries outside the US & Canada.

The source for my doubts of it being LUWS 2.0 comes from the LUWS Feedback & Suggestions wiki page, a comment from a Church developer about how the new version of LUWS (version 2.0) is not yet developed and may encompass Community, volunteer development. Here is the link:

https://tech.lds.org/wiki/index.php/LUW ... Developers

Good point, I'm guessing that it is "new" to Brazil and the are beta testing for bugs there...?
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

We do have limited beta test around a ward listing. Unfortunately it is not open to everyone. When it is, it will be found on beta.lds.org.

Tom
MorettiDP

Post by MorettiDP »

Tom, I understand if you don't or can't have an answer but have a date when these "new LUWS" will be released to general beta testing or when stakes and wards will be able to request inclusion in a beta testing version?
Another question (I thing this information is far interesting) is about if units will receive "fast adress" for new LUWS sites, like (as exemple) www.lds.org/saocarlosbrazil or etc.
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

MorettiDP wrote:Tom, I understand if you don't or can't have an answer but have a date when these "new LUWS" will be released to general beta testing or when stakes and wards will be able to request inclusion in a beta testing version?
Another question (I thing this information is far interesting) is about if units will receive "fast adress" for new LUWS sites, like (as exemple) www.lds.org/saocarlosbrazil or etc.
I can't speak to the date at this time. When we have something that I can mention, I'll do so.

Tom
fraserredmond

Post by fraserredmond »

I've been following news of LUWS outside North America closely for a year or two, and for what its worth, New Zealand has just (as of yesterday) been authorised for all stakes to use, so I guess the existing LUWS is getting rolled out slowly.
kennethjorgensen
Community Moderators

Post by kennethjorgensen »

redzarf wrote:I've been following news of LUWS outside North America closely for a year or two, and for what its worth, New Zealand has just (as of yesterday) been authorised for all stakes to use, so I guess the existing LUWS is getting rolled out slowly.
That is encouraging news.

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”