Temple Recommend Book info in MLS

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
ericb

Temple Recommend Book info in MLS

Post by ericb »

I'm curious if others have noticed the Temple Recommend books information in MLS (Membership > Temple Recommends > More... > Recommend Books), which I assume only appears in the unit version of MLS. I stumbled on this a couple of months ago. It appears we are supposed to check a box next to the recommend books ordered and received. I'm not sure when this was added and don't remember seeing any info regarding it. Based on my conversations with other ward clerks, it sounds like most know nothing about it.

Anyone know if checking the boxes really has any impact? If it's important to update, it seems like it should be part of the 'urgent tasks' feature.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

That menu option does not exist in the test data base.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

It showed up about 2 years ago November - just when we switched everyone to the barcoded system. I do remember stumbling across it after it was updated. The whole temple recommend part of MLS was reorganized so I was looking around. I also don't remember reading anything about it although I do remember being told once when ordering new books to make sure I checked them off in MLS. However, I agree that it doesn't seem to matter.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

crislapi wrote:I do remember being told once when ordering new books to make sure I checked them off in MLS. However, I agree that it doesn't seem to matter.
No, it does not seem to matter. Still, CHQ does seem to be keeping track of the numbers sent to each unit in a stake. A stake cannot activate a recommend if it was not in a book that was sent to a unit in that stake.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

lajackson wrote:A stake cannot activate a recommend if it was not in a book that was sent to a unit in that stake.
Actually, the stake CAN activate a recommend issued by another stake. However, the member's records must reside in the stake in order to activate it. At least we have been able to up to this point.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

crislapi wrote:Actually, the stake CAN activate a recommend issued by another stake. However, the member's records must reside in the stake in order to activate it. At least we have been able to up to this point.
A couple of months ago, I got an error message and could not override it. Perhaps it has changed now. (I don't have one to practice on.)
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

lajackson wrote:A couple of months ago, I got an error message and could not override it. Perhaps it has changed now. (I don't have one to practice on.)
Hmm. Maybe this was the situation where the online system was able to activate it while the MLS based version could not.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

crislapi wrote:Hmm. Maybe this was the situation where the online system was able to activate it while the MLS based version could not.
No. I was online. However, I have since been able to do it. The location of the membership record is the key. It must be in the activating stake.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”