Any reports of spam from nFS?

rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Any reports of spam from nFS?

Post by rmrichesjr »

Are there any reports of spam from nFS?

I realize it's not terribly likely a person would register at nFS and then spam other nFS users, but it's not impossible. My wife received email from someone asking her about ordinances the sender claims she has reserved for some people she has never heard of (no PIDs supplied). I figure it's most likely an innocent wrong-number situation--unless this kind of spam method is already being used.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

rmrichesjr wrote:Are there any reports of spam from nFS?

I realize it's not terribly likely a person would register at nFS and then spam other nFS users, but it's not impossible. My wife received email from someone asking her about ordinances the sender claims she has reserved for some people she has never heard of (no PIDs supplied). I figure it's most likely an innocent wrong-number situation--unless this kind of spam method is already being used.
As the Email your wife received was in regards to ordinances, it sounds like it was simply an error in a number. I've never heard of anyone doing this just for kicks, especially since they would have to provide a member number and confirmation date to get an account.

Are you sure the Email came through nFS?
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

Good to hear (so far) of no reports of spam from nFS. The sender has replied to my wife's reply, and it looks like things are okay.

Return to “FamilySearch Products”