scriptures.lds.org very slow

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
mdantasf

scriptures.lds.org very slow

Post by mdantasf »

Hello,

Is there any alternative site to download the complete documents in MP3 format? ite as the official - http://scriptures.lds.org is very slow ...

I have never seen same thing ... or the company where I work has a very high connection can not download considerable ... and, worst of all is that Mems slow download is closed sometimes in the middle.

Regards,
Márcio Dantas - SP, Brasil
marcio@mdantas.com.br
kennethjorgensen
Community Moderators

Post by kennethjorgensen »

mdantas wrote:Hello,

Is there any alternative site to download the complete documents in MP3 format? ite as the official - http://scriptures.lds.org is very slow ...

I have never seen same thing ... or the company where I work has a very high connection can not download considerable ... and, worst of all is that Mems slow download is closed sometimes in the middle.

Regards,
mdantes,

I have just tried to access scriptures.lds.org and both the loading of the pages, streaming audio and downloading the audio all went reasonable fast (1.8 Mbit/sec) so maybe your problem was just a temporary one.

dkjorgi
mdantasf

Post by mdantasf »

Strange .... can even be ... but both the network here at home, where I post in the forum last night as the network of the company, really slow. Iso I mean to download the entire book of Mormon, for example, the language en-US, or Doctrine and Covenants also full. :(

Regards,
marcio@mdantas.com.br
MorettiDP

Post by MorettiDP »

Ô Márcio, deixa eu entender... você quer fazer o download em áudio MP3 das escrituras em inglês, certo? Pra isso você tá clicando em listen e clicando no link para o download, certo?

Então, aqui em casa eu recebi o seguinte resultado: o download tem 364MB e demora uma hora pra fazer. Fiz o download direitinho, usando um Speedy 2MB sem problemas.

Agora, se você quiser o download das escrituras em português, é mais fácil ir nesse link: http://www.lds.org/languages/mainmenu/0 ... -2,00.html daí você clica sobre a escritura desejada e faz o download. O Livro de Mórmon demorou pouco menos d euma hora aqui pra mim, na mesma conexão, com um tamanho de 269MB.

Espero que isso te ajude. Abraços
kennethjorgensen
Community Moderators

MorettiDP wrote:Ô Márcio, deixa eu entender... você quer fazer o download em áudio MP3 das escrituras em inglês, certo? Pra isso você tá clicando em listen e clicando no link para o download, certo?

Então, aqui em casa eu recebi o seguinte resultado: o download tem 364MB e demora uma hora pra fazer. Fiz o download direitinho, usando um Speedy 2MB sem problemas.

Agora, se você quiser o download das escrituras em português, é mais fácil ir nesse link: http://www.lds.org/languages/mainmenu/0 ... -2,00.html daí você clica sobre a escritura desejada e faz o download. O Livro de Mórmon demorou pouco menos d euma hora aqui pra mim, na mesma conexão, com um tamanho de 269MB.

Espero que isso te ajude. Abraços
To make sure everyone can follow I used google to translate it:
MorettiDP wrote:"Ô Márcio, let me think ... you want to download MP3 audio in the scriptures in English, right? Thing you listen tá clicking and clicking on the link for the download, right?

So, here at home I get the following result: the download is 364MB and takes one hour to do. I downloaded straight, using a Speedy 2MB smoothly.

Now, if you want to download the scriptures in Portuguese, it is easier to go this link: http://www.lds.org/languages/mainmen...2 ,88-2, 00.html then you click on the deed want and you download. The Book of Mormon took a little less d euma hours here for me in the same connection, with a size of 269MB."
I have no doubt there are several mistakes in the google translation but its good enough to understand it.
mdantasf

Post by mdantasf »

Sim Moreti,

Pelo jeito naquele servidor do domínio scriptures.lds.org as versões em pt-br tem uma taxa de download setada muito baixa, testei nesta outra url informada por você, e funciona perfeitamente rápido.

Para você ter uma ídéia, aqui em Sâo Paulo, Brasil, utilizando o serviços de vírtua 12MB, eu estou baixando neste momento a 50 KB.

Obrigado pela dica. Vou pegar no outro link.

* E com a sugestão do moderador vou deixar a tradução pelo Google Translator:

**** transalated ****

Yes Moreti,

For the way that the server versions in the field scriptures.lds.org en download rate is very low setada, tested in another informed url for you, works perfectly and fast.

You have an idea, here in Sao Paulo, Brazil, using the services of Virtua 12MB, I'm now down to 50 KB.

Thanks for the tip. I get the other link.

* And with the suggestion of the moderator I will leave the translation by Google Translator:
marcio@mdantas.com.br
MorettiDP

Post by MorettiDP »

Sorry guys... I have some "sleep" momments. ^_^ Because Marcio is Brazilian too, I forget translate. Sorry, it will not happen again!
kennethjorgensen
Community Moderators

MorettiDP wrote:Sorry guys... I have some "sleep" momments. ^_^ Because Marcio is Brazilian too, I forget translate. Sorry, it will not happen again!
No problem at all. I can sympathise with it. When I have spoken to my family or friends in Denmark I have often come off the phone and started to speak Danish to the first person I see, followed by a very blank face on them.
kennethjorgensen
Community Moderators

mdantas wrote:http://scriptures.lds.org is very slow ...
Actually now that I come to think about it I must admit in the past I have experienced the video clip downloading from lds.org to be rather slow at times.

Right now I am downloading one too and it is very slow (15 kB per sec) while other sites are steaming ahead.

I might try out lds.org later with some download managers to see if multiple thread downloading will improve it.

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”