Cannot Delete MLS User

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
RyszardZ-p40

Cannot Delete MLS User

Post by RyszardZ-p40 »

Several wards have accumulated 'users' who do not exist or are no longer in the ward but who show up on the logon list. When the clerk logs on he gets messages to correct the logon entry errors for these people.

I have been unable to delete these entries. If I move them to 'out of ward' status I get an error message that there are too many users in this category. Most of these have been carried over from previous years and are not associated with any MLS data entry.

Anyone know if/how to delete these obsolete entries?
Rick Zaleski | Capistrano 2nd Ward | San Clemente, California Stake
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

If they have used their logins to do financial processing in the last 3 years, you have to keep them. You can inactivate them, but you can't delete them.

Only 2 "Out of unit administrators" are allowed.

If you inactivate them, do you still get the error message? All the active ones must be associated with a membership record (except for the maximum of 2 "out of unit" ones mentioned above) or you will get a urgent task asking to to fix them.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

RyszardZ wrote:Anyone know if/how to delete these obsolete entries?

This issues is discussed at length, with specific solutions, in the wiki at https://tech.lds.org/wiki/index.php/MLS ... s_to_Users.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”