MLS 2.9.4 does not print to HP Laserjet 1100

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
mswope-p40

MLS 2.9.4 does not print to HP Laserjet 1100

Post by mswope-p40 »

One of our clerk computers has a Laserjet 1100 printer. Other applications print fine to this printer, but MLS 2.9.4 will not print to this printer. The printer errors out of a long time (timeout maybe?). Any response would be helpful. I don't know what else to do at this time.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

Our admin PC running MLS 2.9.4 is also connected to an HP LaserJet 1100 and it's been printing fine for us. Most of our printing is done on the LJ1100 at 300dpi using an HP LJIII driver, which speeds up the throughput quite a bit. But when printing rolls and lists with alternating shaded lines, we prefer using the native HP1100 print driver at 600dpi to keep it from looking "blotchy".

Like I said, we've had no problems with either. You might want to try reinstalling the print driver(s) and see if that helps. Other than that, I'm kind of at a loss why other apps would print well, but not MLS.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

While you are working on the problem and it is urgent to print from MLS you can try a work around that might get what you need printed. If you have a PDF printing program such as CutePDF Writer (this is part of the standard package of software programs available for administrative computers) you can print to it first (creates a PDF file) and then print the PDF file you created using the Adobe Reader. This may or may not work depending on the problems with the print driver for your printer. If it does not work it is a good indication that your print driver is corrupt and needs to be reinstalled.

A word of caution. MLS uses the last printer selected as the default printer selection for the next print job. You will have to pay attention to make sure you do not just accept the default when you use a printer such as the CutePDF Writer for a one time special need and then expect the regular printer to be used for the next print job in MLS.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
calebpusey

Post by calebpusey »

Mikerowaved wrote:You might want to try reinstalling the print driver(s) and see if that helps. Other than that, I'm kind of at a loss why other apps would print well, but not MLS.

Ditto on this - usually reinstalling the print drivers will help. Both the Microsoft USB driver and the one from HP for the printer.
Caleb
mswope-p40

I will re-install print drivers and respond...

Post by mswope-p40 »

Since this computer does not have Internet access, it will be a challenge to get the print drivers for this printer. But I'll report back.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

mswope wrote:Since this computer does not have Internet access, it will be a challenge to get the print drivers for this printer. But I'll report back.
You can download them to a USB flash drive and install from there. The LJ1100 PCL driver for XP can be found HERE. No guarantee this will solve your problem, but it's a good 1st step.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Mikerowaved wrote:You can download them to a USB flash drive and install from there. The LJ1100 PCL driver for XP can be found HERE. No guarantee this will solve your problem, but it's a good 1st step.

If you have the choice of PCL 5 or PCL 6, use PCL 5 for the LJ1100 printer. The HP LaserJet 4 driver also works well with this printer, if you cannot get any of the better drivers to work.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”