LogMeIn.com for remote access

Discussions around the setup, operation, replacement, and disposal of clerk computers, not to include using MLS
kalebpederson

LogMeIn.com for remote access

Post by kalebpederson »

Is there a policy about remote access services, such as LogMeIn.com? I would guess that they are highly discouraged... but there is a big difference between discouragement and a policy.

Thanks.

--Kpederson
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

kpederson wrote:Is there a policy about remote access services, such as LogMeIn.com? I would guess that they are highly discouraged... but there is a big difference between discouragement and a policy.

Thanks.

--Kpederson
This topic has been treated pretty thoroughly on these forums.

See this thread (created today I might add): http://tech.lds.org/forum/showthread.php?t=3016

And then note the three additional other threads I linked to as well.
kalebpederson

Post by kalebpederson »

mkmurray wrote:This topic has been treated pretty thoroughly on these forums.

See this thread (created today I might add): http://tech.lds.org/forum/showthread.php?t=3016

And then note the three additional other threads I linked to as well.
Thanks, I should have searched first.

--Kpederson
Enigma1-p40

Post by Enigma1-p40 »

Working at the formerly so-called: GSD (Global Service Desk), now known as the GSC (Global Service Center) I can tell you that you will not be permitted/allowed to use any remote desktop connection programs on the churches computers. There is one program that most church employees know about that is used internally and also so that we, the technicians can fix computer issues faster.
Opening or mapping ports in the cisco hardware is offlimits and against policy here at the GSC. We understand that it would be easier for you to do your job from home, but this is, at least at this point in time, not an option.
nicklewis

Remote Access

Post by nicklewis »

The GSC believes only they should do remote access, yet the Church policies guidelines allows stakes the option to buy remote access software. That being the case, why not allow stake technicians to use the free Logmein?

Return to “Clerk Computers”