No audio for online scriptures/general conference

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
KathrynGZ

No audio for online scriptures/general conference

Post by KathrynGZ »

For the past couple of days I haven't been able to hear audio when I try to listen to online scriptures or general conference talks. Is anyone else having this issue?

I get audio for YouTube videos, the Church music site, and for mp3 files saved to my hard drive. But when I click the Play button on the scripture player, it grays out momentarily, then returns to its original state and doesn't play. When I right-click the download link and open it in QuickTime in a new window, the progress bar indicates the file is playing, but again, there's no audio. When I bring up a general conference video, I can see the picture but hear nothing.

Anyone know what might be wrong?

Kathryn
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I tried just now. MP3 and video in WMP works for me. Have you tried rebooting? Some code could have gotten hung up and it's only affected a certain codec or something.

Edit: On re-reading I see you're using QuickTime. Yeah, mine seem to hang too. The download itself gets hung.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
KathrynGZ

Thanks for checking

Post by KathrynGZ »

Russell,

Yep, I've rebooted several times in the last few days. Good question. Also, I tried listening to the online scriptures and a general conference talk again this morning with the same results described above. However, I downloaded an entire general conference talk and was able to play it from my hard drive with no problem--that was in QuickTime, btw.

I get the same result whether I use Firefox or IE, whether I use WMP or QuickTime.

Well, I'm puzzled. If anyone has any additional ideas, please let me know, and if I find a solution I'll post it here.

Thanks!

Kathryn
JamesAnderson

Post by JamesAnderson »

I've used Winamp with no problem when playing scripture or conference mp3 files, including the music files included with the last two conferences. Try that, you can download the player at winamp.com

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”