"iWard" iPhone App

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
Mr.Intel-p40

"iWard" iPhone App

Post by Mr.Intel-p40 »

There is a new app called "iWard" that allows members to import data from the LUWS with their individual logins. As far as I can tell, the data is sent over the internet just as if it were coming into a browser, only stored on the iPhone for later use.

Edit by Alan_Brown: Moved this portion of the original post to a new thread, since it deals with a different topic.
Bekins

Post by Bekins »

I was shown the I-Ward app last Sunday and it is very useful. It links to the ward website and downloads the data into the person personal I-phone. It does not have ages, MIR#, baptism information or priesthood. However, it does list the leadership from the ward website and will allow the built-in GPS to map from your location to a members home. For me in a ward covering four stakes, such an app would be highly useful. I hope this is not blocked as it would be very helpful to network with other members of the ward and stake.
Brent R. Ekins
Ward Clerk
Finance Clerk
Pioneer Park (Hmong) Ward
garysturn

Post by garysturn »

brekins wrote:I was shown the I-Ward app last Sunday and it is very useful. It links to the ward website and downloads the data into the person personal I-phone. It does not have ages, MIR#, baptism information or priesthood. However, it does list the leadership from the ward website and will allow the built-in GPS to map from your location to a members home. For me in a ward covering four stakes, such an app would be highly useful. I hope this is not blocked as it would be very helpful to network with other members of the ward and stake.
iWard is not the application being discussed in this post's original thread ("Ward List" iPhone App). The app being discussed there is Ward List which pulls its list from MLS. iWard does not pull from the MLS but from your Ward web site which you already have access to from any computer over the internet. I don't know if that is considered improper or not to download that info.
Gary Turner
If you haven't already, please take a moment to review our new
Code of Conduct
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

GarysTurn wrote:I don't know if that is considered improper or not to download that info.
Downloading - no. The question is where is it sent next and how well is it secured?

If it's uploaded somewhere such as a server - that's a no-no. I would hope the information is secured in such a way to make easy access by anyone who finds a lost phone difficult.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
auslinford

iStake

Post by auslinford »

The iStake app is GREAT.
Khall-p40

IStake/IWard

Post by Khall-p40 »

A friend of mine with an Iphone was showing me this app the other day. It indeed downloads info from the stake/ward website and not from MLS. Since I use a blackberry, I'd love to see the development expand to that platform also. It's certainly very handy.
PaulRobichaux-p40

Post by PaulRobichaux-p40 »

alinford wrote:The iStake app is GREAT.
I agree completely-- I just saw it mentioned here and rushed to check it out on the App Store. Nicely designed, fairly fast, and oh so handy. Now the next time my wife, the stake RS secretary, calls me to ask if I have someone's phone number the answer will be "yes!" (Actually I might just buy her a copy for her iPhone instead.)
jeff.larson-p40

blackberry Storm iward/istake development?

Post by jeff.larson-p40 »

I was wondering if anyone knows if there is any plans to develop iward and istake for the Blackberry storm? I would appreciate any information on this.
jeff.larson-p40

Post by jeff.larson-p40 »

Khall wrote:A friend of mine with an Iphone was showing me this app the other day. It indeed downloads info from the stake/ward website and not from MLS. Since I use a blackberry, I'd love to see the development expand to that platform also. It's certainly very handy.
Anything on this? I would love to see something for the storm as well.
bmoio-p40

iStake --- similar for Blackberry

Post by bmoio-p40 »

Is there anything similar to iStake for Blackberrys?
Thank you

Return to “General Discussions”