In-depth technical discussions

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
c-4-p40

In-depth technical discussions

Post by c-4-p40 »

I am new to the forum so I apologize if this has been discussed. I did perform a search and nothing similar was returned.

While understanding the sensitivity that the Church must operate under, I am curious if the Church will authorize in-depth technical discussions about projects they are pursuing. I was reading Joel Dehlin's blog post on virtualization and that led me to this question.

I am a senior solutions architect for a large federal government agency that I believe is faced with many of the same technical challenges the Church is faced with. It would be nice if in-depth technical ideas could be shared in a forum while maintaining the security of the environments in which we work. For instance, my team has solved a number of large enterprise issues and may be able to provide valuable lessons learned and vice versa with the Church.

Topics that I would like to see discussed in technical detail are how the Church plans to pursue:

Unified Communications/Collaboration - at the organizational level as well as at the member level
Next Generation Data Centers
Enterprise System Monitoring
Social Networking Solutions for Church Leadership and Members
Desktop Virtualization and Server Based Computing

This forum is very intriguing. Thank you for providing a place that the technical member community can interact!

Chance Ellis
marianomarini

Post by marianomarini »

Because you said: "how the Church plans" I think only Church's employer can answer to your questions.
I would like to read about it!
La vita è una lezione interminabile di umiltà (Anonimo).
Life is a endless lesson of humility (Anonimous).
Enigma1-p40

Post by Enigma1-p40 »

I get a little heads up (not too much) into a few of the projects and ideas floating around CHQ. so far they seem pretty interesting although I dont feel like I am at liberty to say/announce what these are.
Lets just say the church is learning from the mistakes and the breakthroughs of past programs made, and with that and good ideas passed around we are constantly moving forward in creating a better and more user friendly technology environment for the church. :)

Return to “General Discussions”