ipod video of general conferance

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
jaredstokes-p40

ipod video of general conferance

Post by jaredstokes-p40 »

I have a ipod 5th gen. I can download conferance videos and put them in itunes and onto the ipod up until this April's set of videos. For the April sessions I get a error this video will not play on your ipod error. Any ideas on what I can do to have conferance play on my ipod.

Thanks!

Jared
jaredstokes-p40

http://tech.lds.org/index.php?option=co ... &Itemid=83

I found this site. But it seems the codec has changed. It will no longer work on older generation ipods. I would think staying with the older codec will still work on newer ipods. I sure hope someone can re - encode the April conferance so I can keep up on all the talks as I am on the go.
zabaki

Post by zabaki »

Once the Church uploads the videos for the lastest conference, then you should be able to download it, put it on iTunes and then on your iPod.

I have the same iPod as you, and have used it many times for teaching purposes.
Currently the vidoes from the last G.C. are not ready for download, so you'll have to wait till you can download it as a MP4 format.

I might have used this free converter called 3GP_Converter.

Try and google that. Might help you.
jaredstokes-p40

The only solution we have found is to re-encode in itunes the most recent conference MP4 file to a MV4 file.

Takes MANY hours.

Just wish that who ever converts and uploads the files would use the previous codec / encoding routine. Any church tech guys want to chime in?

-Jared

Return to “General Discussions”