LDS API's

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
admiral27-p40

LDS API's

Post by admiral27-p40 »

I've just been called as a Family History Consultant, and I'm really excited by all of the posibilities. I'm hoping to be able to find out things to help out people do their family history.

I was doing a lot of google searches to find out what API's are out there to read PAF files, or to use the Web Sites and so forth (which lead me here among other places...). So far, I haven't found much, but I figured that if any one would know whats out there, this group would. Oh, and I'm very interested in what the general "this is permitted" and "this isn't permitted" conventions that are out there too.

What I'm after are file format specifications for different files (I found GEDCOM, but not PAF), API's or WSDL's for interfacing with the web sites, and so forth. I'm planning to put what I find together in an easy spot to get to, and to make my projects open source. We'll have to see what happens.

So... the point of this post is ... what API's & Documents are out there for us Software Engineers, and how do you get them?
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

admiral27 wrote:I've just been called as a Family History Consultant, and I'm really excited by all of the posibilities. I'm hoping to be able to find out things to help out people do their family history.

I was doing a lot of google searches to find out what API's are out there to read PAF files, or to use the Web Sites and so forth (which lead me here among other places...). So far, I haven't found much, but I figured that if any one would know whats out there, this group would. Oh, and I'm very interested in what the general "this is permitted" and "this isn't permitted" conventions that are out there too.

What I'm after are file format specifications for different files (I found GEDCOM, but not PAF), API's or WSDL's for interfacing with the web sites, and so forth. I'm planning to put what I find together in an easy spot to get to, and to make my projects open source. We'll have to see what happens.

So... the point of this post is ... what API's & Documents are out there for us Software Engineers, and how do you get them?
Well, we do have this sub-forum here on this site (that isn't being used at all apparently): http://tech.lds.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=74

Then there is this post that gives a link to the FamilySearch API: http://tech.lds.org/forum/showthread.ph ... #post20754

That's about all I know personally.

Return to “General Discussions”