MLS suggestions on the Wiki

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
ericb

MLS suggestions on the Wiki

Post by ericb »

I think the Wiki started some time ago is a great way to consolidate the various requests for MLS features (including bug reports).

As others have done, I've taken the time on several occasions to include what I feel would be beneficial to many clerks and ward members. Does anyone happen to know if this information is being reviewed on a regular basis?

I've checked occasionally over the past few months, and have not been able to identify if the information is being reviewed by church employees -- a simple note, comment, priority, workflow...anything would be helpful to convey the information isn't going unnoticed (you know...a 'warm fuzzy').
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

ericb wrote:I think the Wiki started some time ago is a great way to consolidate the various requests for MLS features (including bug reports).

As others have done, I've taken the time on several occasions to include what I feel would be beneficial to many clerks and ward members. Does anyone happen to know if this information is being reviewed on a regular basis?

I've checked occasionally over the past few months, and have not been able to identify if the information is being reviewed by church employees -- a simple note, comment, priority, workflow...anything would be helpful to convey the information isn't going unnoticed (you know...a 'warm fuzzy').
I can't answer for Church employees, but I will say that my guess is that they have reviewed that page at least a few times. The reason I assert this is because the very similar Suggestions wiki page for LUWS has become most of the basis for the new Local Unit Web Sites community development project that has just been posted: https://tech.lds.org/wiki/index.php/Loc ... te_Project

Does that give you a least a 'luke-warm fuzzy'? :)
ericb

Post by ericb »

mkmurray wrote:I can't answer for Church employees, but I will say that my guess is that they have reviewed that page at least a few times. The reason I assert this is because the very similar Suggestions wiki page for LUWS has become most of the basis for the new Local Unit Web Sites community development project that has just been posted: https://tech.lds.org/wiki/index.php/Loc ... te_Project

Does that give you a least a 'luke-warm fuzzy'? :)

Well, a luke-warm fuzzy is better than none at all! I image the church is utilizing some sort of change management tool to manage the requests...it would be nice if that information could be made available to those that have invested their time and talent to the cause.
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

ericb wrote:Well, a luke-warm fuzzy is better than none at all! I image the church is utilizing some sort of change management tool to manage the requests...it would be nice if that information could be made available to those that have invested their time and talent to the cause.
Well, there is a bug and task reporting tool called Jira that is being utilized for the Community-developed projects. It isn't open to the general public however, and will likely be used more for the actual development of the project.
Jimmer-p40

Post by Jimmer-p40 »

ericb wrote:I think the Wiki started some time ago is a great way to consolidate the various requests for MLS features (including bug reports).

The answer to your question is yes. There is a team that is watching for abuse and proper updates and usage. However I think the whole idea of the Wiki is for the community to do most of the editing. There are a few employees that I know of that are putting new things out on the wiki almost weekly. Isn't there a place where you can look at the "page edits" on any of the posts? if you go there you should be able to see who has edited a page and who they are. ie. church employee

Ill go and take a look and let you know what I find out.
Jimmer-p40

Post by Jimmer-p40 »

Ok so on any page in the Wiki, if you go to the top of the page and click on the "History" Tab, it will show you all of the edits. From there if you click on the usernames of those people who made the edits, it should tell you if that person is a church employee.

Hope this helps.
Jim

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”