Mls 2.9.4

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
mkmurray

Mls 2.9.4

Post by mkmurray »

I happened to be at the ward computer today and received the MLS 2.9.4 software update. Our ward happens to participate in the early beta testing program, so it will be a few weeks before everyone will get the update pushed down to them.

The official name of this update is MLS 2.9.4_15462 April 15, 2009 01:22.

No shockers or anything with this update. Here are the release notes:

New Features and Changes in MLS 2.9.4

General Changes
  • All Officers Sustained forms have been updated to reflect the recent change to the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles.
Changes Related to Membership
  • There have been no significant changes to membership.
Changes Related to Finance
  • There have been no significant changes to finance.
19nazzy-p40

Post by 19nazzy-p40 »

Does everything update automatically when you do a Send/Receive Changes?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

19nazzy wrote:Does everything update automatically when you do a Send/Receive Changes?

I'm not sure what you mean by "everything." Since this thread deals with an update to MLS, I'll assume you are asking about the MLS software update. If so, then the answer is mostly yes. After an MLS update, you certainly have to restart MLS, and you generally have to reboot the computer. In any case, MLS will display a message when it downloads an update that tells you what you have to do for the update to be effective.

But please note that mkmurray said that he got the update today because his stake is on the beta program. Don't assume that your stake will be getting it right now.
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

Our unit just received another update of MLS 2.9.4. It appears this one might be the official release build (from the way the MLS Message was worded that was received today; I'm assuming this was sent to all units).

The official name of this update is MLS 2.9.4_15486 April 21, 2009 01:18. There are no changes to the Release Notes from what I posted earlier.

Authorized individuals can get it today from http://mls.lds.org or it will be automatically pushed down to all computers within the next 2 weeks when you do a Send/Receive. It appears our update was available to be pushed down today.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mkmurray wrote:Authorized individuals can get it today from http://mls.lds.org
Only the .4 beta is on mls.lds.org.

I hesitate to direct people to download that unless they are participating in the beta program (a Stake President's decision.)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

RussellHltn wrote:
mkmurray wrote:Authorized individuals can get it today from http://mls.lds.org
Only the .4 beta is on mls.lds.org.

I hesitate to direct people to download that unless they are participating in the beta program (a Stake President's decision.)
Mike is not the only one directing people to the above website to DL the release version. The following MLS message came in earlier today. You'll see it after your next S/R. [Emphasis mine.]
We have produced new Member and Leader Services (MLS) software, version 2.9.4. This new version will be sent down to your computer sometime over the next two weeks. MLS 2.9.4 has some minor bug fixes and includes recent changes to the Officers Sustained form.

We anticipate that the download will be approximately 5-10 minutes over a dial-up connection. MLS 2.9.4 will be available at http://mls.lds.org beginning April24th if you want to download it.

Thank you for your assistance in your callings
Just checked the site again and the release version is still not available. This is getting to be a common practice with CHQ; directing us to the site for a new release long before it's actually posted there.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Mikerowaved wrote:Just checked the site again and the release version is still not available. This is getting to be a common practice with CHQ; directing us to the site for a new release long before it's actually posted there.
Yup. It seems like it's an established pattern. It's announced ahead of time but doesn't become available until a day or two before it automatically loads.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

Mikerowaved wrote:Mike is not the only one directing people to the above website to DL the release version. The following MLS message came in earlier today. You'll see it after your next S/R. [Emphasis mine.]...
Yes, I was only reiterating the MLS message sent today.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mkmurray wrote:Yes, I was only reiterating the MLS message sent today.
:cool:

I was just pointing out the facts. Alan catches me all the time.

Do you know when they plan to start sending it down? That would suggest the true availability date.

mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

RussellHltn wrote:Do you know when they plan to start sending it down? That would suggest the true availability date.
Well, from the MLS message again, it said "sometime over the next two weeks." But we also received ours already? So yesterday we either got another beta or the official release (which yesterday was the supposed availability date).

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”