Online Temple Session Reservations

So you have the BIG idea that the Church or community needs to develop. Discuss that idea here. Maybe you just want to make a suggestion on a new forum topic. Let us know.
dcwilcox-p40

Online Temple Session Reservations

Post by dcwilcox-p40 »

In some areas (like mine for example) simply placing a reservation for a temple session can be a task that is difficult due to limited office hours and staffing at the temple desks as well as schedule conflicts during the few hours that the office is open. (only applies to temples that require a reservation for a temple session)

Why not provide online reservations? I'm sure there are several COTS implementations of reservation software and many open source options as well (a simple Google search for open source reservation returns many examples readily available).

I would be more than willing to work on a pilot for the San Antonio temple should the proper support and or approval be found for such a system. I and several fellow BYU-I alumni work as Software Engineers for a local employer and I would be willing to solicit their help on such a pilot.

*I searched the forum to see if this idea had already been suggested, but didn't see anything. If I am posting in duplicate, please link to the appropriate thread.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I know reservation systems have been done in the past for Temple open house periods, so I'm sure the code is out there.

Unfortunately our access to higher levels of decision making are quite limited. You might want to approach the Temple President with the idea. If the temple asks for it, I think it will carry more weight then a suggestion from the forum.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Peter.Nenke

Post by Peter.Nenke »

Adelaide temple accepts reservations by email and on their answering machine.
nelsonmc

Post by nelsonmc »

I agree with RussellHltn. There is already code in place on the LDS Temples site that is being used for open houses. Why couldn't it just be repurposed for the individual temple to match up sessions and seating capacity? Check out the Oquirrh Mountain Temple Open House Reservation page.

/mark

Return to “Ideas & Suggestions”