MLS Companion Database pt-br

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
mdantasf

MLS Companion Database pt-br

Post by mdantasf »

I knew the program MLS Companion and I would like to know how I can contribute and help translate for the language en-US.

Some of the forum who has used this program? If yes, could give a feedback?

Regards,
Márcio Dantas
MorettiDP

Post by MorettiDP »

I try to use, but my English prevent me to use currently...
mbsteed

Post by mbsteed »

I am the creator of the MLS companion Database but I haven't tried using it with different Languages. I know there was an Italian member who tried to use it there but not sure how that turned out. I have some Spanish returned missionaries in my ward, perhaps I could get them to work on a translation. I am assuming Spanish is what you are looking for. It really wouldn't take that long to do but the maintenance of the various versions might be a bit problematic. I will explore this further. Here is the link to the web site:

http://web.me.com/marlo.steed/MemDbase/Welcome.html
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

mbsteed wrote:I am the creator of the MLS companion Database but I haven't tried using it with different Languages. I know there was an Italian member who tried to use it there but not sure how that turned out. I have some Spanish returned missionaries in my ward, perhaps I could get them to work on a translation. I am assuming Spanish is what you are looking for. It really wouldn't take that long to do but the maintenance of the various versions might be a bit problematic. I will explore this further. Here is the link to the web site:

http://web.me.com/marlo.steed/MemDbase/Welcome.html
Actually, the original poster was looking for pt-br, or the locale of Portuguese as found in Brazil.
mdantasf

Post by mdantasf »

It took to see your message. I am willing to help in the translation into Portuguese. Need of aid just to use their source and thus releasing a version in Portuguese language of Brazil.

Spanish do not have interest.

How can I help you keep a version in Portuguese language?
Márcio Dantas - SP, Brasil
marcio@mdantas.com.br
mbsteed

Post by mbsteed »

...or Portuguese version? Maintenance will be a real issue - updating all the different versions of the program is a real pain now but if I add different languages it will be nightmare. I can't commit to multiple language versions. I thought Spanish might be a good one to do because my sense is there quite a few folks who could use that. If Portuguese is equally popular, I could look at that. ...but again, I am concerned about stretching myself too thin, I am only one person with a finite amount of time to spend on this.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”