FamilySearch - made simple

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
douglas.a.hatch-p40

FamilySearch - made simple

Post by douglas.a.hatch-p40 »

For anyone that interested, I just completed making an explanatory video for FamilySearch. It's posted here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_cfGoOaXR8

FamilySearch was looking for a video they could use to reach out to the younger generation and get them interested in doing family history work. I think the final product turned out nicely. Feel free to distribute this to anyone that may be interested.

Feedback is also welcome.

- Doug
brado426

Post by brado426 »

That is absolutely fantastic. I love those videos. Keep up the good work. :)

Brad O.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

Wonderful! I am the Family History in our ward and this is a perfect way to introduce FH to the younger generation and anyone who is new to family History. Thank you!
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

zaneclark wrote:Wonderful! I am the Family History in our ward and this is a perfect way to introduce FH to the younger generation and anyone who is new to family History. Thank you!

I guess it's a little over the top to say that I am the Family History in the ward...Of course I meant that I am the FH consultant...
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

We're not the only ones impressed. Gordon Clarke from the Family History Department forwarded the link to the developer's list.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rasmushague-p40

Great video

Post by rasmushague-p40 »

Doug - great video. I've shared the link in an article on our LegacyNews blog: http://tinyurl.com/dmw675
douglas.a.hatch-p40

Larry,
I won't be posting this particular video to MormonsMadeSimple, because I'd like to keep that site focused exclusively on videos that help people understand the Mormon faith. While family history is an important part of our beliefs, in this video I did not address any of the reasons why (e.g. temple work). At some point in the future, I'll probably do a Family History video for the MormonsMadeSimple video series.
douglas.a.hatch-p40

Soon, this video should be embedded on several Family History blogs, sites, etc. So that will make it easier to share without having to send people to YouTube.
douglas.a.hatch-p40

RussellHltn wrote:We're not the only ones impressed. Gordon Clarke from the Family History Department forwarded the link to the developer's list.
Yes, Gordon Clarke asked me to make this video, and helped craft the approach and script. :-) This was kind of a trial run to see whether this genre of video can be effective for getting the younger generation interested in family history. We shall see...

Return to “General Discussions”