Issue with wireless disconnecting during Send/Receive Changes

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
19nazzy-p40

Issue with wireless disconnecting during Send/Receive Changes

Post by 19nazzy-p40 »

Tonight I went to the church to write up a cheque that I had to give out and everything went smoothly as far as processing it goes. Then once I was completed I went to Send/Receive changes only to see that it stalled and that it didn't go through. I tried it again and it didn't go through again, then I noticed that my wireless connection was extremely wonky. It was disconnected and then would connect for a minute or so before disconnecting again. Not knowing if I am supposed to make sure the changes get sent through before I leave, I made a phone call to my stake clerk to ask.

He mentioned it doesn't have to be but should be ASAP as the cheque won't go through until Salt Lake has the information. He mentioned I should try a few more times and then try again tomorrow if it didn't work tonight. So I tried a few more times and each time I got a send/receive changes didn't go through. However, after about the 4th time I went to check my expenses (had to quit MLS each time it stalled, and always checked my expenses to make sure the check was still in the system) I noticed that it had 'Sent' next to it instead of 'Not Sent' even though I never received a Send/Received Successful message pop up.

Being a bit confused, I restarted my computer and loaded up MLS, did a Send/Receive which went through successfully. I received a couple of items regarding to the membership clerk which I printed and everything was fine. I never received a transmission report for my check though so I'm unsure whether it's ok or not to hand out my check (which I didn't just in case). Should my course of action be to call Salt Lake in the morning and confirm that they received the information? I know it says 'sent' next to that expense but the Send/Receive changes wasn't fully successful and I never received a transmission report.

Just wondering if it's alright to call as I know SL is discouraging clerks from calling (even though I think in these circumstances it's okay)?

Thanks
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

19nazzy wrote:Just wondering if it's alright to call as I know SL is discouraging clerks from calling (even though I think in these circumstances it's okay)?

Since your question deals with the specific question of whether a check will be honored, I don't see any problem with you calling Clerk Support to make sure they received the transmission.

Ward clerks are discouraged from calling on questions that stake clerks can give them support on (how to do something in MLS, help with reconciliation, etc.). But a stake clerk couldn't possibly answer your specific question, so there's no reason to put the stake clerk in the middle.
19nazzy-p40

Post by 19nazzy-p40 »

Great thanks.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”