Not all MP4 videos playing on BlackBerry

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
opee

Not all MP4 videos playing on BlackBerry

Post by opee »

The video format (mp4) for the Leadership training and Spring Open House does not play correctly on my BlackBerry. They are the correct format for a BlackBerry (mp4), but when I try to play them on my device, it says that they are an invalid format.

Conversely, the Scouting videos are the same format (mp4), and they work fine.

Location of video links: (http://www.lds.org/pa/display/0,17884,7709-1,00.html)

I am using a BB 8830 World Edition. Just curious if anyone else has the same problem with the same device or with others.

All the Quicktime (mp4) formats work fine when playing on a PC. Was there a newer compression program that was used and may not be compatible with some devices? Any suggestions?
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

Unfortunately, there are many different "flavors" of MP4 (check HERE for a full list) and I believe the Blackberry is limited to one of the earlier versions, like MPEG-4 Part 2, if memory serves. If the video doesn't play, you may have to find one of the many converters found on the I'net that will take it from whatever form the video is presently in and convert it to one your device can handle. Yes, even if it's converting it from "MP4" to "MP4". When you are done, it should work.

Of course, all copyright laws should be observed in the process.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
calebpusey

Post by calebpusey »

You can always check this out: http://handheld.softpedia.com/get/Video ... 7431.shtml I've used it before and it works great.
Caleb

Return to “Main Church Website”