Translation Help Needed for Spanish & Portuguese!

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
WelchTC

Translation Help Needed for Spanish & Portuguese!

Post by WelchTC »

Calling all Spanish and Portuguese speakers!

On the LDSTech wiki we have just posted an article called Meetinghouse Webcast. We need your help in translating these articles into Spanish and Portuguese. Anyone who can speak these languages can help. Do as little or as much as you can. Follow the links on the wiki page to either the Spanish or Portuguese pages and create the content. Please tell others who may speak these languages to help if they can. We have urgent need to get these documents translated!

If you have not done so, please follow the steps found here in order to participate on the wiki.

Thanks for your support with this effort!

Tom
MorettiDP

Post by MorettiDP »

Hi Tom, I translated the article to Portuguese. If any Portuguese speak person find problems in the translation, can correct with no problem. I added some litle things (like show if a document link is unavailable in Portuguese or add a litle instruction about LDS Catalog) to help people to understand resources don't available in Portuguese.
Thanks for the opportunity!
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

MorettiDP wrote:Hi Tom, I translated the article to Portuguese. If any Portuguese speak person find problems in the translation, can correct with no problem. I added some litle things (like show if a document link is unavailable in Portuguese or add a litle instruction about LDS Catalog) to help people to understand resources don't available in Portuguese.

"Ask, and ye shall receive."

That was an impressively quick response to this request. I don't speak Portuguese, but it certainly appears that you have done a very detailed, complete translation. This is the kind of response we hope for from the LDS Tech community, but I don't think anyone expected such an excellent effort so rapidly. Thank you for this wonderful service!
MorettiDP

Post by MorettiDP »

No problem! I am so happy in help the community! I can't write or speak a good English, but with a good dictionary I can translate easy. I am happy with this opportunity!
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

MorettiDP wrote:Hi Tom, I translated the article to Portuguese. If any Portuguese speak person find problems in the translation, can correct with no problem. I added some litle things (like show if a document link is unavailable in Portuguese or add a litle instruction about LDS Catalog) to help people to understand resources don't available in Portuguese.
Wow, thanks! You have done an excellent job! Nice work! Thanks so much for your support!

Tom
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

I just want to also say that because one individual made a first stab at the translation, I'm sure the Church wants others to read over it and help fix any areas that may need more accurate translation or rewording. It's a wiki page, so a group effort is definitely encouraged!

I'm going to state a personal opinion here (with no promises from Church employees or anything), but I imagine the more involved the participation and the more accurate the translation from everyone, then there will be a higher possibility of more translating projects for the Community in the future. Just a personal guess! :)
MorettiDP

Post by MorettiDP »

It's my original idea (but is rarely to find another Portuguese speaking person at the forum...)
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

I want to thank everyone who has helped so far! The response has been tremendous. I will echo what has been said in that the more people who review and contribute, the better the translation.

Also, I may note that it is perfectly OK to modify the document and put in a section that may be regional. For example, Spanish in Mexico may be different than Spanish in Peru. So there could be regional differences in the translation.

Tom
marianomarini

Post by marianomarini »

Why not in Italian?
La vita è una lezione interminabile di umiltà (Anonimo).
Life is a endless lesson of humility (Anonimous).
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

marianomarini_vi wrote:Why not in Italian?
More languages will come. The clerks support group and the translation department decided to start with these two languages first.

Thanks for everyone's help on these documents.

Tom

Return to “General Discussions”