Error in Leadership directory

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
davidw.rogers-p40

Error in Leadership directory

Post by davidw.rogers-p40 »

When I check the LUWS leadership directory and click in Primary, I see the Primary president and her 1st Counselor (we currently don't have a 2nd or Secretary). When I click on "format for printing" the list show the former 2nd counselor, who is not on the ward list and has an address on the other side of town. When I brought this to my Bishop's attention he directed me to the ward clerk. The ward clerk informs me that it is the website administrator's problem. The website administrator tells me that she doesn't update the leadership directory.
A member of the Stake presidency thought it could be that a box on church system (systained) could be checked, even though there is no name there and that somehow the chruch system is still pulling this information. My ward clerk hasn't had time to check it yet. Any thoughts?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

davidw.rogers wrote:When I check the LUWS leadership directory and click in Primary, I see the Primary president and her 1st Counselor (we currently don't have a 2nd or Secretary). When I click on "format for printing" the list show the former 2nd counselor, who is not on the ward list and has an address on the other side of town. When I brought this to my Bishop's attention he directed me to the ward clerk. The ward clerk informs me that it is the website administrator's problem. The website administrator tells me that she doesn't update the leadership directory.
A member of the Stake presidency thought it could be that a box on church system (systained) could be checked, even though there is no name there and that somehow the chruch system is still pulling this information. My ward clerk hasn't had time to check it yet. Any thoughts?
Your clerk is correct. The ward web site administrator populates and updates the leadership directory. If she has any questions on how to do this she can refer to the administratory help by clicking the "Help" link at the top right of any administrator page.

Changing names for positions is all that the administrator can do. If there are problems with addresses and telephone numbers, this must be done in MLS for the member in question. If changes are made in MLS those changes may take a few days to appear on the LUWS after the last send/receive is made in MLS.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

avskip wrote:When I click on "format for printing" the list show the former 2nd counselor, who is not on the ward list and has an address on the other side of town.
Probably a glitch related to the move. It may resolve itself in time. Otherwise, I think "touching" or changing the calling may solve the problem.

avskip wrote:The website administrator tells me that she doesn't update the leadership directory.
Maybe that website admin doesn't do it (wards are supposed to have a least two to back each other up) but SOME website administrator has to do it. The callings do NOT come from MLS.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davidw.rogers-p40

Post by davidw.rogers-p40 »

The problem is the name only appears when I format for printing. When I click on the Primary tap only two names appear. When I format the whole leadership directory for printing that is when the 2nd counselor who now lives in another stake appears. It has the correct address for her new home and everything. It is somehow pulling this from the church system, we don't have that information.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

davidw.rogers wrote:The problem is the name only appears when I format for printing.
Understood. I'm simply commenting that there are reported issues with move outs. Members sometimes continue to receive emails from their old stakes and sometimes appear in listings in their old units. I suspect this is related.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

There is a variation on this problem that I solved.

When a member moves out of the ward and had a calling such as 2nd councelor in the Primary, their name will continue to appear in the leadership directory for a period of time - especially when nobody has been called to replace her. As an administrator I have used two methods to get the name removed from the LUWS leadership directory. The first, which works most of the time, is to change the position to a blank name and save the organization directory. When this fails I have changed the person called to the position to a current member of the unit, saved it, and then changed it to blank or no name in the calling. I have not had a name reappear in the calling after that.

This same procedure may help in this situation.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”