Change of Boundary Form

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
colbyj-p40

Change of Boundary Form

Post by colbyj-p40 »

Hello, I am a stake clerk and in our Stake Presidency meeting last night we discussed possibly changing the boundaries for two of our units. After the meeting, the 1st Counselor and I pulled up the boundary change form on MLS and honestly did not know what to do...

Can anyone help provide perhaps a few steps as to how this works?

Thanks,
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

colbyj wrote:Hello, I am a stake clerk and in our Stake Presidency meeting last night we discussed possibly changing the boundaries for two of our units. After the meeting, the 1st Counselor and I pulled up the boundary change form on MLS and honestly did not know what to do...

Can anyone help provide perhaps a few steps as to how this works?

Although the information is not complete, there is some helpful information, including a link to the appropriate training lesson, on the wiki at https://tech.lds.org/wiki/index.php/Bou ... _%28MLS%29
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

colbyj wrote:I pulled up the boundary change form on MLS . . .

Is the form actually there? I have looked and not found it. I thought it came from Salt Lake with the maps, upon request.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

lajackson wrote:Is the form actually there? I have looked and not found it. I thought came from Salt Lake with the maps, upon request.
I don't see the form in MLS, either. According to the Boundary Realignment lesson (slide 21):
The Ward and Branch Organization Application form . . . must be carefully completed before the proposal is sent for approval. For information on how to obtain this form, see the Church Handbook of Instructions, Book 1, section 18.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:Is the form actually there? I have looked and not found it. I thought it came from Salt Lake with the maps, upon request.
Alan_Brown wrote:I don't see the form in MLS, either.
I wonder if he's talking about Membership > Boundary Realignment found in a ward/branch MLS? That's about executing the mass move of records once it's a done deal. Nothing about planning or getting approval.

The other possibility is this is something that gets added during a send/receive and won't be visible on our support installs of MLS.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Reports and Forms”