General Young Women Meeting / Saturday afternoon session

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
Bender-p40

General Young Women Meeting / Saturday afternoon session

Post by Bender-p40 »

hello, excuse my english...

here http://www.lds.org/broadcast/gywm/pdf/G ... 83_eng.pdf tell that
Video files will be available approximately two weeks after the broadcast.
The broadcast is scheduled in March 28. In my meetinghouse is scheduled to see it with the general conference in April 5 but only we have internet, no satellite.
then, is it possible to be downloaded before April 5th (one week)?

and the "Saturday afternoon session" which live broadcast in MDT:Saturday, April 4, 2009, at 2:00 p.m.?
this session is scheduled to see it in April 5th too, how we see by internet?

Thanks, greetings
kennethjorgensen
Community Moderators

Post by kennethjorgensen »

Bender wrote:hello, excuse my english...

here http://www.lds.org/broadcast/gywm/pdf/G ... 83_eng.pdf tell that The broadcast is scheduled in March 28. In my meetinghouse is scheduled to see it with the general conference in April 5 but only we have internet, no satellite.
then, is it possible to be downloaded before April 5th (one week)?

and the "Saturday afternoon session" which live broadcast in MDT:Saturday, April 4, 2009, at 2:00 p.m.?
this session is scheduled to see it in April 5th too, how we see by internet?

Thanks, greetings
Hi Bender,

Rather than us guessing it might be much simpler if you pick up the phone and speak to your priesthood leaders and ask them since we assume it is them who is organising it. Maybe they have organised a local transfer of signal from a building with a satellite or maybe it is a mistake.
Bender-p40

Post by Bender-p40 »

Hi dkjorgi, thanks for you reply..
No mistake, no satellite. This schedule is for members that can not travel to the meetignhouse with satellite.
but you know if will be available as here http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/7169/61502500.jpg) after their live broadcast?

or is that by internet only can see it live broadcasting?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Bender wrote:Hi dkjorgi, thanks for you reply..
No mistake, no satellite. This schedule is for members that can not travel to the meetignhouse with satellite.
but you know if will be available as here http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/7169/61502500.jpg) after their live broadcast?

or is that by internet only can see it live broadcasting?
The Young Women Meeting broadcast is eventually made available on the Internet as part of the April General Conference page (under Gospel Library, General Conference). For example, the English page for April 2008 conference at http://lds.org/conference/sessions/disp ... 51,00.html contains the March 2008 General Young Women Meeting text, audio, and video. I don't know how long it takes after the meeting for the video to be posted, but it is certainly more than a week later (after General Conference).

I did note that the equivalent Spanish page only has text and audio -- there is no video.
Bender-p40

Post by Bender-p40 »

Alan_Brown wrote: I did note that the equivalent Spanish page only has text and audio -- there is no video.
Good information, thanks
General Relief Society Meeting Spanish in october 2007 there is no video, but in october 2008 yes.
I hope that with thisYoung women meeting change too.
or in http://lds.org/move/ through the NEW player. The problem is how long, too more than a week through the NEW player?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I noticed that the section "for Viewing in Meetinghouses" contains no mention of the Internet. The only place that mentions Internet options is under "for Members in Their Homes".

If there is any official arrangement for using Internet "broadcast" in meetinghouses, then it must be coming though other channels. I would suggest checking with your Area Office.

Would it be possible for a unit that does have satellite to videotape it for you?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Bender-p40

Post by Bender-p40 »

RussellHltn wrote:I noticed that the section "for Viewing in Meetinghouses" contains no mention of the Internet. The only place that mentions Internet options is under "for Members in Their Homes".

If there is any official arrangement for using Internet "broadcast" in meetinghouses, then it must be coming though other channels. I would suggest checking with your Area Office.

Would it be possible for a unit that does have satellite to videotape it for you?
In our branch we will use the meetinghouse connection to view something of General Conference (we will see in live: Saturday morning session, Sunday morning session) for members that cant travel to meetinhouse with satellite and for members that dont have internet connection in their house. The branch president permit it. But we dude to see General Young Women Meeting and Saturday afternoon session because not good hour in live and because "Streaming video files in English, Spanish, Portuguese, and American Sign Language will be available within 1 hour of the broadcast and Downloadable video files and video podcasts in English, Spanish, Portuguese, and American Sign Language will be available within 2 weeks of the broadcast"
Note: we will dont have a special channet for us, i will have the same channel that "for Members in Their Homes".

Excuse my defective english explain and repetition.

Thanks for all.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

Puede ver la reunion de los Mujeres Jovenes en el sitio de BYU TV Internacional.

El player Move aqui le permitira a regresar en tiempo a ver la programa a una hora conveniente. Tambien pueden ver la Conferencia General aqui.

Espero que te ayude!

Translation:

You should be able to view the Young Women's meeting on the BYU TV International website.

The Move player here will allow you to go back in time to view the program at your leisure. You can also view General Conference here.

Hope this helps!
TewFast-p40

Streaming issues with the broadcast?

Post by TewFast-p40 »

Did anyone else have streaming issues with the 2009 Young Womens Broadcast?

We do not have satellite at our stake building so we were streaming the conference from lds.org/broadcast. The pre 15 min and the first 5 min were great.

Once the first speaker started there was a buffer, then it picked back up. 15 min later started stuttering again. and again and again.

I finally just switched over to my slingbox that was set on BYUTV from home and rewinded it 2 minutes so everything was ok from that point on. Thank goodness for the backup slingbox.

I was using the Move Player. We have 3mb down / 1mb up. No issues with bandwidth that i could see. The sling pinged around 1mb down or 1000kb.

No i wasn't running both at the same time. I was going to use the byu.tv stream but decided just to go with the sling because it has had no problems in the past.

The question I am asking is did anyone else experience streaming problems from lds.org/broadcast on the 2009 YW conference?

Thanks
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

TewFast wrote:The question I am asking is did anyone else experience streaming problems from lds.org/broadcast on the 2009 YW conference?

I used the BYU-TV (move.org) feed directly. At the beginning of the broadcast, the "live" feed was running about 2-1/2 minutes behind real time. The shots with movement (choir, for example) were not smooth or consistent, so I paused the feed for 30 seconds and then let it go again. There were still some problems, so I paused it for another minute and a half.

I was now running two minutes behind the "live" feed and 4-1/2 minutes behind in real time. I had no further problems with the broadcast.

Return to “General Discussions”