Name Mis-Spelled on LUWS

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
fletch1027

Name Mis-Spelled on LUWS

Post by fletch1027 »

This is something I haven't seen before. On Sunday I requested the records for a sister moving into the ward this week. I know the record will be there next time I send/receive because she is on the LUWS already.

The problem is when I look at her name listed with the rest of the "S's", her last name is mis-spelled, however when I click on her name it is spelled correctly in there.

Anyone know what's up with that?
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

Is it possible one's her "Preferred name" and one's her "Given name"? Open her record and take a look if they are the same.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

Mikerowaved wrote:Is it possible one's her "Preferred name" and one's her "Given name"? Open her record and take a look if they are the same.
But I don't recall there being a "Preferred" last name option on LUWS...

To me, this issue is quite puzzling.
fletch1027

Post by fletch1027 »

I will be up @ the church tonight and when I do a send/receive her records should be in the batch since she is already on the website.

I will check them over. I was wondering the same thing - maybe an issue with a mispelling as part of the preferred name. Her last name is Sch...., so there is 10+ ways to spell it.

I'll send an update whe nI have a look...
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

The name on LUWS comes from the "Full Name" in MLS. This is easy to verify as the default LUWS name for members is never the nice "Preferred Name" from MLS. Users and Administrators can not change the last name in LUWS.

So, I think you'll find a misspelled last name in MLS. The last clerk may have been able to mostly sweep it under the rug by fixing it in the Preferred Name in MLS. That would have corrected it in most of his screens and the directory.

Then again, when was this sister baptized? The blame may lie with the missionaries. ;)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
fletch1027

Found the problem

Post by fletch1027 »

This is an odd one, but in MLS for a membership record, there is a tab called "Household Members". In there is a hand editable field called "Household Name". That's where the typo was. Very interesting...

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”