LDS Account Sites

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
techgy
Community Moderators

LDS Account Sites

Post by techgy »

Yesterday my wife was logging into our ward's LUWS when she noticed the statement regarding the new LDS Account. She seldom uses the LUWS so I hadn't taken the time to tell her about it yet (probably a poor choice:rolleyes:).

Anyway, while we were engaged in a conversation we noticed the following list of web sites as being enabled to use the LDS Account;

Church Directory of Organizations and Leaders 2.0
Stake & Ward Web Sites
Church Education System
Mormon.org
International Art Competition

Our of curiosity I visited "mormon.org" but couldn't see any place where an account would be used. Perhaps I missed it

The other listed sites I would agree use the new account.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
AileneRHerrick

A list would be great!

Post by AileneRHerrick »

I think it would be fabulous to have a list of links on the LDS Account website, letting know which sites you can log into. Right now, it could simply be a list of all websites that have the LDS Account capability, but in the future, it could be tailored according to the users calling. (For example, only certain people can access the directory).
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

AileneRHerrick wrote:I think it would be fabulous to have a list of links on the LDS Account website, letting know which sites you can log into. Right now, it could simply be a list of all websites that have the LDS Account capability, but in the future, it could be tailored according to the users calling. (For example, only certain people can access the directory).

There's a list on the LDSClerks wiki at http://www.ldsclerks.org/index.php?titl ... redentials
AileneRHerrick

Post by AileneRHerrick »

Alan_Brown wrote:There's a list on the LDSClerks wiki at http://www.ldsclerks.org/index.php?titl ... redentials

Good to know! Thanks!

For general membership, I would still suggest a list somewhere in the LDS Account pages eventually. For example, it could have a list of links that they could click on and automatically be logged in (if they were permitted access).
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

Alan_Brown wrote:There's a list on the LDSClerks wiki at http://www.ldsclerks.org/index.php?titl ... redentials
Maybe it's just me, but I found the Clerks list somewhat confusing. For example it does not show New FamilySearch in the list for the LDS Account but does show FamilySearch under Miscellaneous. I would like to see a list that shows the sites where the general membership can use the LDS Account and perhaps a separate list of those sites with limited access such as the Online Directory of Leaders.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

zaneclark wrote:Maybe it's just me, but I found the Clerks list somewhat confusing. For example it does not show New FamilySearch in the list for the LDS Account but does show FamilySearch under Miscellaneous. I would like to see a list that shows the sites where the general membership can use the LDS Account and perhaps a separate list of those sites with limited access such as the Online Directory of Leaders.
Well, that is a list oriented to clerks, not to the general membership. Also, it is an article on login credentials, so it focuses on the different types of login credentials. If there were to be a list oriented to the general membership, it should probably be somewhere in the LDS Account site, as Ailene suggested.

And FamilySearch is correctly listed under Miscellaneous, since it does have different credentials that aren't used anywhere else. New FamilySearch is indeed missing, almost certainly because the primary author of the article (me!) lives in an area where New FamilySearch is not yet available. I'll take care of adding that in -- thanks for letting me know.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

You can put "new FamilySearch" under miscellaneous as well. I'd do it but I don't remember my login right now.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

RussellHltn wrote:You can put "new FamilySearch" under miscellaneous as well. I'd do it but I don't remember my login right now.
Since I do not have access to nFS, I want to make sure I get this right. It looked like Zane said that nFS uses LDS Account credentials to login, but now you said it should be under Miscellaneous, which would mean that it doesn't use any standard login, but has its own unique login credentials.

Which is it?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Alan_Brown wrote:Which is it?
I just tried my LDS Account login for nFS - it doesn't work. I have a nFS login and it's separate from NET ID, LDS Access and old FamilySearch.

Note that you can attempt to get into nFS. The worst that will happen is that it says it's not available in your area - but it can't say that until it authenticates you.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

Alan_Brown wrote:Since I do not have access to nFS, I want to make sure I get this right. It looked like Zane said that nFS uses LDS Account credentials to login, but now you said it should be under Miscellaneous, which would mean that it doesn't use any standard login, but has its own unique login credentials.

Which is it?
I use my LDS Account credentials to login to both LUWS and New FamilySearch..... Maybe NFS has it's own unique login and I chose to use my LDS Account credentials as the login.... Does that make sense?

Return to “Church Account”