Woops! How do I cancel a records request

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
natet

Woops! How do I cancel a records request

Post by natet »

OK, I did something stupid today. For some reason, the records of members of one household in our ward didn't come with the head of household record. So, I sat down with the members membership record and began filling out separate membership requests. Without thinking I entered the information for 2 children that don't currently live with the member. I haven't done the send/receive changes yet, but I can't seem to find anywhere that lets me cancel a request. Is there some way that I can cancel these requests before these records (and possibly those of their families) get yanked to our ward?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

How recent is your last backup? (Including changes to finances?). There should be a better way, but that's one way that will work.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

natet wrote:Is there some way that I can cancel these requests before these records (and possibly those of their families) get yanked to our ward?
Not that I know of. If this is the ONLY thing you have done since the last backup, you could restore. But, be warned that EVERYTHING that was done since the latest backup will be lost, including any financial changes (like the deposit information) and everything else that has been changed since the backup was taken.

Your best option at this point is probably to return the records to the unit from which you receive them as soon as they arrive.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

What you may want to do is call Clerk support Monday morning and pose the question to them. They may be able to block it before the send/receive or reverse it (including fixing any family groupings) if it's already been done.

Clerk support has more tools then what's available in MLS. This is probably a situation where it would be good to use them. (And let us know if there's a better way.)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
natet

Post by natet »

I ended up sending a message to membership support at the same time I did the send/receive that contained the erroneous requests. I included the information on the members that I had incorrectly requested the records of, and asked them to disregard the request. That appears to have worked, as only the membership requests that I really wanted went through.

So, note to self. I need to be very careful what I do in MLS... There's not much in the way of 'Undo' functionality!
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

natet wrote:So, note to self. I need to be very careful what I do in MLS... There's not much in the way of 'Undo' functionality!

The former MIS system had a screen that showed pending changes, and you could cancel or undo a change that was about to be transmitted. MLS does not seem to have a way to do that.

I miss that feature. On a few occasions, I have really missed that feature. [grin]

Your idea of sending a message at the same time was excellent. I would not have thought of that. I am glad they picked up on it in time to act before the computers got to the request.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”